Australia Update

stewart

• Administrators

Hi Guys,

Well just a quick update from down under ! I'm sure you have all seen the severity of the bushfires over here and how bad it has been in the eastern States, The season is far from over here in South Australia but conditions across the country have improved substantially now its flooding being an issue in many places.  In South Australia we had some very serious fires too the worst on Kangaroo Island (the size of Kent 50% Burnt ) And in Adelaide hills region! Since moving here I joined the CFS (country Fire Service) as a volunteer and have been to both Adelaide Hills fires and Kangaroo Island! It was a heck of a time before and after Christmas ! 

Here's a few pic's 

OM8AE4GTQm6rBoSm+hUSew.jpg

LH0342KNSCOdU1+d7goOfg.jpg

Y5Hw4+4BQfeiTOaD50BcpA.jpg

2%71p08vSoqrsvPnZ5OeNw.jpg

IMG_1267.JPG

IMG_1268.JPG

3fQGFa7xSgGA8ymFMnUocA.jpg

Ei566Pm9RcKB%uE8Ed6cEw.jpg

CjqwIw6VRfyGbJRU8qvRqQ.jpg

IMG_1531.JPG

5%Gxd43CTLGUWDtQ9KyLng.jpg

fullsizeoutput_767f.jpeg

veze9GtrQw65JCQT24jw2A.jpg

• Platinum Member

Thanks for sharing Stewart 👍

Those fire pics look seriously scary ... glad to hear that things have calmed down a bit. 

• Administrators
5 hours ago, V said:

Stewart,

In the Koala photo, is that ash on the ground? Have you had any mud/ash flows to deal with since the rain?

Hi Vince yes that’s ash this was in the middle of a Gum plantation whee the fire had burnt through and one of the 3 kolas we had rescued and had in our fire truck! Kolas are not always happy to be picked up and get very aggressive so I wrapped one up in my jacket to pick it up they make a hell of a noise too! 

Rain here is a welcome sight has been some minor flooding in SA but most of the rain has hit Queensland and New South Wales  where they have some serious floods! Positives are fire shave been finally extinguished and dams are filling back up! 

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, Maverick23 said:

Thanks for sharing Stewart 👍

Those fire pics look seriously scary ... glad to hear that things have calmed down a bit. 

Never got a chance to get photos of the worst bits ! It was seriously bad !