Hawkstone Park Off Road site 29/03/20

Stu2985

• Area Representative

Jeep owners club  members are welcome to come along to Hawkstone Park, Shropshire on Sunday March 29TH 2020 for a private event and experience the off road site in their own vehicles. There is a fun punch hunt or just drive around exploring or watch others tackle the punch challenges. There is terrain to suit every type of 4x4 and skill level. Its a Family event so kids and partners welcome. Dogs also welcome but must be kept on a lead. Cafe, proper toilets are at the follies area. This event is run by myself for  a small group but I open it up to JOC members as well. £20 per vehicle to drive the off road site pay on thE day. It is on from 10am-4pm . Road legal vehicles only.  It is a well run and maintained site and is kept idiot free and is fully insured. If you want to come along to spectate, have a natter or just curious then there is no cost.

• Platinum Member

Just my luck I am busy on that weekend. Thanks for inviting JOC members to your private event. It is a lovely little site and it still has some obstacles I haven't tried yet. Looking forward to the next one.

• Platinum Member

Hi Stu,

Can I come ? I'd be interested in the punch hunt too. They are gr8 fun as long as the challenges aren't too mad. 

• Area Representative

HI Digger  you are more than welcome.  punch hunt is inc in the £20    there are 20 punches   15 should be able to get in any 4x4 with low box.  Although some are hidden.  the last 5 punches are placed to give the modded vehicles a test - winches or lockers to get last 5  its fun and good to watch folks trying to get tough winches lol

• Platinum Member
8 hours ago, Raakhee said:

What is a punch hunt 🤔

Stu2985

Area Representative

112 posts

Posted September 9, 2019 (edited)

So basically hidden around the site are 20 what look like staplers - each one has a unique pin  pattern that creates a unique hole when punched into a card. They are connected to trees or various things by a length of plastic cable.  On your wingmirror is fastened a card again on a length of plastic cable. The   idea is you have to get your vehicle close enough to the punch,to punch the correct square on your card. Explame punch number 12 (punch is labelled) punches square 12 on your card.  Your not allowed to remove card or punch ffrom the cable.  Its fun   some are hidden but easy to get at others need some clever thinking but all vechiles can get them and a coupel will be very hard for winch equipped trucks with lockers etc trying to get get them.

You may have  done something similar at school in orienteering

Edited September 9, 2019 by Stu2985

Shropshire Glass & Tread Lightly Rep

Jeep Owners Club Shropshire Rep

Jeep Owners Club Summer camp Greenlane group guide

Hope this answers the question........sounds like good fun 👍

• Platinum Member

Hi Stu,

I was impressed by the Cannock ride at end of September so please count me in for this one too.

Cheers,

Chris

• Platinum Member

Count me in for this. Complete newbie. So if anyone feels the need to pass on knowledge during the day......

Edited by Uglyeng

• Area Representative

The guys who manage the site are also off road trainers.  Area 3 has a training course where you can learn to drive off road.  What we normally do is at the start of the day they take people who are interested  to that part and explain obstacles and the best way to deal with them,.  They will also answer questions on how your particular 4x4 works and best modes or best ways to deal with those obstacles.  They can then watch you and advise you to help build up your confidence 

• 1 month later...
  • Area Representative

SORRY FOLKS BUT DUE TO THE ONGOING CORONARVIRUS ISSUES THIS EVENT IS NOW CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHUR NOTICE.  PLEASE ACCEPT MY APOLOGIES BUT I AM SURE YOU ALL UNDERSTAND

• Platinum Member
Wildjeeper62

Hi Stu,

No need to apologise mate, it is going to be like this everywhere unfortunately.