What events are happening?

otruk

• Platinum Member

Just wondering whats going on in the next month or so, is there going to be another event in Whitcliffe this year or Slindon or have I already missed them?

Cheers Richard

• Platinum Member

I'd come to Whitecliff providing date free. Haven't been there for a few years, always seemed to have been away!

• Platinum Member

March 1st Slindon is now confirmed. Signup will commence this weekend.

Also, Coffee and Cars and street food 15th of February at Kidlington Jeep, signup will commence this weekend for that too.

We are short of group leaders available for the Sunday Salisbury Plains at the end of the month so as of now that is a no go.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

I am able to run an event in Wales if required. Just let me know what month and the format.

• Platinum Member

Awesome V! Hope you are well. Text me on 07825652653 with your number and I will get in touch soon.

Jim O.

• Platinum Member

Will do Jim. Still have no mobile phone reception at home. Will send text tomorrow when I am out.

• Platinum Member

More events in Wales would be GR8. 

Is Walters Arena or  Tuff Terrains possible?  What other venues are there?  I think someone said there is one near Haye? Where were you thinking V?

• Platinum Member
10 hours ago, V said:

What date is the Salisbury Plain Sunday?

Hi V,

we are trying for Sunday 26th of January. We have two group leaders and need two more....

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, Volant165 said:

Hi V,

we are trying for Sunday 26th of January. We have two group leaders and need two more....

I can do Sunday 26th.

Navigation wise I only have old Garmin GPS so I will need a few waypoints or long/lat coords to build a route in Garmin Basemap before travelling.

Entry and exit points for each byway and any junctions are vital - I have been chased by helicopters before!

At a minimum a clear photo of a marked up map with a written route description and I can do the waypoints myself.

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, digger said:

More events in Wales would be GR8. 

Is Walters Arena or  Tuff Terrains possible?  What other venues are there?  I think someone said there is one near Haye? Where were you thinking V?

I am happy to run a Tuff Terrains event as it's my favourite site. I will need management to give me a few preferred dates before calling Bernie as he usually has regular bookings. In the past, when TT has been booked solid on weekends I have booked it for a Thursday & Friday and run green lanes in the area on Saturday and Sunday. It is also a good site to practice recovery techniques - winching, hand winching, use of snatch blocks, chains, ropes, straps.

If a three or four day event is planned I will need some time to recce lanes and visit Powys RoW.

• Platinum Member
6 hours ago, PDB said:

I can help with the Welsh event V. I was working in Newtown yesterday which I think isn't too far from you? Let me know if I can help.

Newtown is a little more than 30 minutes from Tuff Terrains. How long will you be in the area? Would you be interested in helping me recce some lanes?

• Platinum Member

DATE CHANGE: CARS, COFFEE and STREETFOOD will be the 22nd of February. Signup should go live this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member
3 hours ago, otruk said:

Can I assume that Salisbury Plain adventure is not on this weekend?

Correct. Not enough group leaders were available for that date. Will reschedule a trek there later in the year.

• Platinum Member
7 hours ago, otruk said:

ok no worries, I am happy to lead a group in future it that helps.  

Super. Appreciate that!

• Jules locked this topic