Maximus 3 Front Tow Loops

Patrick

• Platinum Member

The UK Spec Rubicon doesn't have the US spec Rubicon bumper, so I ordered the Mopar Rubicon bumper which is identical to that one.

It's quite surprising that this off-road bumper has pretty useless red hooks (impractical) but nowhere to fit a shackle! There are many after market bumpers that do, but as I had a new one, I looked at two alternatives.

The first was the Warn D-Ring mount. This is where research would have saved me some money! When I read the installation instructions, I saw that I needed cut both bumper and skid pan, and not only that, but doing so would mean chopping out 2 of the 5 nut connectors for where the skid plate fixes to the bumper.

Well I wasn't happy about that. A few guys on the JL forum said they'd done it and that they weren't worried about compromising their bumper.

So I looked instead at the Maximus 3 Tow Loop. Now this also needs cutting. However it is offset a little less than the Warn loop mount, and where the cutting is required does not mean any bolt holes get cut out. 

A "bonus" was the incredibly clear instructions that they supplied too! 

IMG_0198.jpeg

IMG_0199.jpeg

IMG_0192.jpeg

IMG_0197.jpeg

• Like 1