From Land Rover to Jeep, and never looking back!

the1970Jules

• Platinum Member

After more or less continuous Land Rover ownership since 1996 (Discovery 2 300tdi) and finishing with a Range Rover Westminster tdV8, becoming increasingly wary of their reliability and the reliance on computers to keep you going on and off road, in July I finally did something I now realise I should have done years ago and bought a Jeep!  It had to be an ex-demo as trying to get a diesel unlimited in anything other treefrog green seemed impossible.  I thought I’d wait to introduce myself until it had been “christened” off road and had a few road miles on the clock.

What an incredible truck! It’s the most sure-footed 4x4 I’ve ever driven off road, with a real sense of capability which probably comes with not having 80+ computers between you and the road (see the new LR Defender).  On road, I’m getting better fuel economy (35+ mpg) on the daily commute than I ever achieved in any of my LRs.

Looking forward to meeting some of you in Kielder in December on the safari.

FF98F370-29E6-4DA3-A5B8-7BCAFCFF4831.jpeg

BF6FE348-ABA6-455C-9ABE-271D53C5071E.jpeg

5247147D-AA3C-49A7-A209-B517CB3AAF28.jpeg

06D55F80-A32B-4850-936B-A5FFADA7AFD1.jpeg

• Platinum Member

Welcome to the club! Love the Granite colour.

Yeah with the demise of no Defender production —  and now the eventual replacement — we are seeing more like yourself  “take the leap to Jeep”

Hope to meet up at Kielder!

Jim O