replacing fender flares

fen01

• Platinum Member

I'm about to replace the fender flares and side markers, but could do some help on how I remove the clips along the outer edge of the fender flares..

Is there a special tool / technique to removing them?

cheers

IMG_1255.jpg

13 minutes ago, fen01 said:

I'm about to replace the fender flares and side markers, but could do some help on how I remove the clips along the outer edge of the fender flares..

Is there a special tool / technique to removing them?

cheers

IMG_1255.jpg

Fenton,

The clips are plastic rivets and the only way I managed was to drill them out and replace with new.

• Platinum Member

I had to replace the side marker on the passenger side a while ago which involved removing some of the rivets although I didn’t remove the whole fender. I can’t exactly remember how I did it now though, I definitely didn’t drill them, I pushed the centres out and then the rivet pops out and you can reuse.it. I think it most likely I pushed the centre out from the front side using something like a small screwdriver. I do, however, remember getting the rivets out of the centre fill section of the front bumper this didn’t work for some reason and I did need to drill them. Are you doing all 4 fenders? 

• Platinum Member

I drilled mine out too and replaced with new. Be careful not to enlarge the hole in the flare if the drill slips.