jku build

Jase_jk99

• Platinum Member

this is my latest project come from 4x4 competition background always wanted a jku so this is my latest build 

current  spec

2" Rubicon suspension kit

New Micky Thomson 17" wheels and 35" tiers

Custom made warn 8274 winch bunmper

Pioneer head unit fitted with reverse cam

new spec will include

currently waiting for ome long travel shocks and  4'' ome springs  didnt want the full ome 4'' kit as i want to make my own  rear links with jonny joints  for added flex and adjust ability  front axle will just have geometry brackets standard links might  look at running hydraulic bumpstops front and rear 

going to strengthen the standard roll cage by adding a hoop over the dash

ave snorkel

50' led bar   

rear tubular tire carrier body mounted like the poison spyder ones

arb fridge and slide custom racking

custom flat fenders and tubular rock sliders

passenger door mount for laptop or ipad  running Os maps

12234872_10153236259826299_8589656669430935204_n.thumb.jpg.dacb0441e3f52d35c3c7253bfdd9e1b7.jpg

images_1.thumb.jpg.c948edb98413403eb087f697ba1370a9.jpg

PSC_JK_cage_03.thumb.jpg.6063d31c62b9065b5b6d56f4bf62075a.jpg

• Platinum Member

Looking forward to the updates, this is going to be different, like it. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks a little like mine, same wheels, same colour .......348604412bd4b817549da86c95d46cfb.jpg9439c37089af942468ba5af18dba7cff.jpg95425853507b586a231924984d9919da.jpg

Looking forward to seeing how things come together

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Looks a little like mine, same wheels, same colour .......348604412bd4b817549da86c95d46cfb.jpg9439c37089af942468ba5af18dba7cff.jpg95425853507b586a231924984d9919da.jpg

Looking forward to seeing how things come together

looks awesome i even have your winch bumper sat in my shed lol grate wheels  :great:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Update on truck

suspension components have arrived will be installing it Monday  luckily i have  the use of my mates motor sport fabrication shop so will be a easy install

• Platinum Member

Update on truck

suspension components have arrived will be installing it Monday  luckily i have  the use of my mates motor sport fabrication shop so will be a easy install

I would die for access to a shop.  Working on the drive is a complete PITA...

Looking forward to the pictures; what lift did you go for?

Chief Cable Tie Engineer.

• Platinum Member

I would die for access to a shop.  Working on the drive is a complete PITA...

Looking forward to the pictures; what lift did you go for?

Chief Cable Tie Engineer.

i used ome long shocks and 4'' springs break line extensions adjustable panhard rod  and rear panhard rod lift bracket rough country geometry brackets for front axle caster and handling i will be using adjustable arms on the rear

• Platinum Member

4'' lift fitted on front today just needs rear done  took it for a drive and esp was going mad so going to send it in for a popper 

lineament set up to stop the esp kicking in  sits at a nice height feels better than standard geometry brackets work well give the diff a nice castor for prop

12669428_10153370233796299_9073646990447703470_n.thumb.jpg.9b3e53692550f1f7da952af07de51efc.jpg

• Administrators

Is your steering wheel off centre when driving straight ahead? The Jeep’s ECU uses steering wheel position to determine the direction of the vehicle.  If it’s off more than a few degrees the Jeep will think it's  in a slide and implement ESP attempting to correct the problem. You can adjust the Draglink (making it Longer as you have raised the Jeep)There is threaded collar in the drag link.  Rotating the collar will turn the wheel one way or the other so atlas you can centre the wheel and drive it with out ESP kicking in!

• Administrators

Yes it slightly off so it not as bad of a fix then

No shouldn't be! You just need a 15mm spanner or socket the slacken the 2 nuts securing drag link turnbuckle, you can then grab hold of the turn buckle rotate it up or down, you will need some one to watch the steering wheel so you can centre it while you do this unless you have the AEV Procal which will light up both front indicators when the wheel is centred ! Still advisable tough to get the tracking set up but al least you can drive your truck there with out any strange behaviour !

The Steering angle sensor has a +or- 5 degree tolerance so will only effect the ESP program with grossly out of tolerance alignment angles (Front Toe). Best bet is to get the codes of the ecu and run them if your lights on. Let me know when you need the alignment doing, Might be able to suggest somewhere close to you Jason :great:

• Platinum Member

thanks for your comments lads i am going to take it in a the end of the week and get it relined for piece of mind

this all so arrived today  :glasses:

12631318_10153371989616299_2957635893152905912_n.thumb.jpg.6cab9652089393a222334687fd1ef002.jpg

1936966_10153371989676299_3242109357150358790_n.thumb.jpg.18ffc32611f58ded88ad7986d8b09b80.jpg

Guest grey thunder

Iv had my Waeco for 12years so should last you bud

If you can find one get your self a bag for it, it will help with cooling and protect it.

.  :great:

• Platinum Member

Iv had my Waeco for 12years so should last you bud.  :great:

I hear thay are Waeco inside very well made got it on a good sale so had to be brought lol has more space inside than I thought it would.

• Platinum Member

Yea they have the same workings. Engal are very good but the top boy is national Luna.

yes I was set on a luner but the arb was cheep so was a no brainer  and I thought arb is world wide so would be fixable if on a trip abroad

• Platinum Member

6c275cb12a1e3cde2e51aaa4e5cb23d6.jpg430f5ddc0750ff5a263b97cb54ddb3a8.jpg

I have a bowing out ward spring issue the axle is centred and the springs seated correctly the control arms have geometry brackets so what could be causing this I have seen this is a comment problem on the rears

• Platinum Member

Might want to check if your springs are properly set in the correct place. There is a specific spot to set the bottom of the spring.

My feeling is that you have changed your axel angle by installing the 4'' coils without installing longer control arms. Might want to check that...

Good luck

• Platinum Member

I have set the pig tails in the location points on the axle

Could the geometry brackets not be giving the right castor? The are for 4" lifts and higher

I have set the pig tails in the location points on the axle

Could the geometry brackets not be giving the right castor? The are for 4" lifts and higher

I had adjustable arms all round for my lift, the geo brackets just didn't give enough to get the castor right.

• Platinum Member

Did you get rid of the geo brackets completely and use adjustable links. Which ones did you use?

Yeah ditched them and went for a full set of rough country adjustable arms :great: caster set at 4 degrees and 20 minutes exactly