Could of kicked myself ............

teamemmenracing

• Platinum Member
teamemmenracing

................. my exhaust system was really rusty and looked like it needed replacing .......

Only way I was going to get it all off quickly was by using an angle grinder ... no real problem , it was scrap anyway

It was  when I made the cut that I discovered that the steel is like a zillion inches thick and would have lasted another 100,000 miles lol

....... anyway, new system was first fitted ........ next time I will know better

• Platinum Member

I had a 2001 TJ that I sold a couple of months ago. I sold it with the original exhaust still fitted. I was waiting for years for it to fail so I could fit a borla or similar.

I had a 2006 TJ 4 litre a few years ago. I took it to the local Jeep Dealer just after I bought it because it had a hole in the exhaust just behind the main silencer. They checked it and ordered a replacement. This was under the 5 year emission warranty. When I went to collect the  car, the Service Manager explained that all TJ's have the water release hole in the exhaust behind the catalytic convertor. He showed me the part they had ordered and it had a hole just like mine.

TJ exhausts last forever, the part they ordered for my TJ was on Ebay last year after they lost the Jeep franchise.