Wj trans sump.

Cherokeelee

• Platinum Member

Well not today ,but Saturday.

I have a transmission leak so on Saturday I thought I would replace the trans sump gasket.

First of all the sump has no drain plug ,which is a pain with 3.8 litres of hot oil in it .once it was off I was amazed to see the inside of the sump had body filler and duck tape .wow what a bodge . Once the tape and filler had been removed I was left with a sump peppered with tiny rust holes .i managed to do my own bodge (without filler or tape) but using a product called q-bond (amazing stuff) not a perfect fix but temporary  and now I need to get a new sump for my transmission.

• Platinum Member
Stew the Jeep

Interesting my old V8 WG had a similar issue apparently the sumps on V8s and certain Dodges suffered from this issue bodged a repair and someone wrote it off 3 days later.. with hindsight Id have got a new sump..not silly money

• Platinum Member

That's my plan,  new sump because my bodge did not work ..I love my jeep but at the moment it is being a pain in the backside.