2009 Wrangler unlimited wheel and tyre combo....

TiffTaffToff

We currently have our wrangler sitting on 18 inch rims and are looking to upgrade the tyres from the  Bridgestone Duellers to something a bit more rugged.

The current tyre size is 255/70/R18 with a diameter of 814 mm.

The problem I'm getting is that there are no tyre manufacturers (BFG, General etc) that have an AT tyres in that size. I need to keep the diameter size within 2.5% of the 814mm and may need to go down to a 17 inch rims to give me more choice.

If anyone has gone through a similar issue or has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

may need to go down to a 17 inch rims to give me more choice.

Richard,

There are a number of us on the forum that have been in a similar position.

I and others have gone for AEV rims which have the correct back spacing and width for more aggressive tyres.

Have a look round on the forum for some of the JK builds.

Jeepey will also give you some options

Guest Toptooler

Evening

I have 4 genuine jeep alloys brand new 17" alloys still with stickers on like the ones on my jk see picture will get pictures of the alloys tomorrow open to offers

Cheers Mark

image.thumb.jpg.30275f22dd63c5b0487e626dc6ed432c.jpg

• Platinum Member

We currently have our wrangler sitting on 18 inch rims and are looking to upgrade the tyres from the  Bridgestone Duellers to something a bit more rugged.

The current tyre size is 255/70/R18 with a diameter of 814 mm.

The problem I'm getting is that there are no tyre manufacturers (BFG, General etc) that have an AT tyres in that size. I need to keep the diameter size within 2.5% of the 814mm and may need to go down to a 17 inch rims to give me more choice.

If anyone has gone through a similar issue or has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Richard. I have just gone down this path .If you are looking to stick with your stock 18" wheels , then as you say very limited in the range of tyres available other than highway biased.. However , I have just had Yokohama  Geolander AT-S G0-12 tyres put on my JK which are available in 255 70 18...Replacing my stock Bridgestone Duellers H/T...ticked the boxes for my needs .Just done a 1500 mile road trip on them up and around Scotland ..no issues. Not super agressive but better than the stock H/T's. And bought them local to me supplied and fitted £120 each .

Thanks for the all the responses..... I'm going to go down the Yokohama route on 18 inch rims to save the hassle of getting new wheels be then disposing of the old ones etc......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member
chunkycyclist

I run 18" on my JK and commute past daily so could stop if you want to see what size is possible to go to etc

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk