A new toy radio..

Christian

• Platinum Member

Got rid of my handset with the controls.....every time you went off road it bashed stuff and changed channels or settings. Be careful where you mount it cos it will get on your nerves...

Got rid of my handset with the controls.....every time you went off road it bashed stuff and changed channels or settings. Be careful where you mount it cos it will get on your nerves...

Middle button with he lock symbol on locks all the buttons apart from transmit :rofl: I did have to read the instructions to find this out though. After getting annoyed with it, changing settings when it was unlocked!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Thanks for the information, to be honest having the buttons on the handset was worrying me bit i figured mounting in a clear and open position should help with that.

Having read some of the threads on the forum, i put a call into thunderpole today and then sorted me out with the orbitol HD antenna and a cable.

Should be arriving tomorrow, just need to wait for the mounting bracket now.

What sizes antennas have people gone for as it comes in the 90cm and 150cm variant.

• Platinum Member

I went into thunderpole today and Richard mention someone with a jeep looking for a mounting bracket for the spare wheel . [emoji106]

I went into thunderpole today and Richard mention someone with a jeep looking for a mounting bracket for the spare wheel . [emoji106]

Haha - that was me... drove him mad on the phone for about an hour  :icon_lol:

I ended up buying a handheld midland 42 which has a car kit/adapter and connects to a mag mount in the absence of finding anywhere 'lane proof' on a KJ to mount an aerial that didn't involve drilling or running separate earths. He's a good bloke that Richard  :great:

• 1 month later...

Middle button with he lock symbol on locks all the buttons apart from transmit :rofl: I did have to read the instructions to find this out though. After getting annoyed with it, changing settings when it was unlocked!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haha - I get that problem - often driving along waffling on to myself 'cos I've changed the channel - I was going to get round to reading the instructions one day - guess I dont need to now  :icon_e_biggrin: