Subtle Acquisition

beljamesjeep

• Platinum Member
beljamesjeep

It all started when I decided to spend 'a few grand' on an old Defender to muck about with and play around off road. I'm not quite sure how it happened, but somewhere along the line the financial planning broke down and I ended up with this...

Setting aside the fact that we won't be able to eat for a few months, I am very happy. Already taken it off down a few green lanes hereabouts and been very impressed. Disconnecting the sway bar over deep ruts is a hoot.

I'm going to start with a few things... Trail Skinz are on the way (it is new after all). Then it needs an exhaust that makes a 3.6l petrol engine sound like a 3.6l petrol engine, so that's a priority. And then probably some sort of soft top. I have to say removing the roof was excellent. We drove into our local town down a 4 mile stretch of dual carriageway with the stereo at full tilt and the heaters fully on. I was fine when we arrived, but my 8 year old was so cold in the back he couldn't speak. Turns out there's no blowers in the back and he had been trying to raise my attention over the stereo and general wind noise... Doors coming off this weekend!

IMG_0223.thumb.JPG.3da5b10e7d74813c1d08826d08bfbdac.JPG

• Platinum Member

Well done, except for your son!

Are you aware that your forum nickname in Spanish reads "kissmesjeep"? At first glance I thought that was one of the most funny I had ever read...

• Platinum Member

Hiya James and welcome to the JOC  :wav1

Well done on your new purchase,

Very nice  :great:

Is that Baja Yellow ?

Welcome to the club James,  :wav2

I keep a blanket under the rear seat to keep my 2 warm when we take the top off.  :icon_lol: always a benefit when I can't hear them  :happy:

• Platinum Member
beljamesjeep

Are you aware that your forum nickname in Spanish reads "kissmesjeep"? At first glance I thought that was one of the most funny I had ever read...

No - that's brilliant. In English it's 'Bel' (wife's name), 'James' (my name) and 'Jeep' (erm...). But I think I prefer Kissmesjeep...

• Platinum Member

No - that's brilliant. In English it's 'Bel' (wife's name), 'James' (my name) and 'Jeep' (erm...). But I think I prefer Kissmesjeep...

You, Sir, now have a story to tell!

• Platinum Member
beljamesjeep

You, Sir, now have a story to tell!

Ha, sadly nothing exciting. It would be JamesJeep, but you know... they like to be involved in everything!

• Platinum Member

Welcome, love the colour, can't wait to see it with the Skinz.

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Welcome James :wav2

Is that the Baja Yellow one that went to Nene? ... or just a coincidence ... anyway it's a great colour :great:

Who needs food anyway ...

• Platinum Member
beljamesjeep

Is that the Baja Yellow one that went to Nene? ... or just a coincidence ... anyway it's a great colour

Yep, that's the one! Probably not the most financially efficient way of buying a car but you know what it's like when you get that 'itch'.

• Administrators

Yep, that's the one! Probably not the most financially efficient way of buying a car but you know what it's like when you get that 'itch'.

Hi and welcome to JOC ! Nice Jeep and look forward to meeting at an event soon!  :wav2