Newbie ! I have a 2003 Jeep Chrokee 3.7; which ARB diff locks

gavinl

• Platinum Member

I have bought a 2003 Jeep KJ with 48k on the clock. I have fitted an Old Man Emu lift kit and a front winch along with BFG M/Ts.

I want to fit front and rear ARB difflocks.

I am told that my. Vehicle has a Dana 30 front axle and Chrysler Corp 8.25 rear diff with 3.75 ratio.

I would like to know exactly what I have before ordering the ARB diff Locks.

Can A Jeep dealer give me a detailed spec from the VIN?

• Platinum Member

Hi Gavin,

nice to see another KJ being model up.

My suggestion to you as for what concerns fitting ARB difflock is to fit only the rear one. The reason for this is the front Differential on a KJ is a 30a and the casing is out of aluminium and the excess stress of the a front ARB locker might cause it to crack. If you really want to fit something in the front diff a better option is to fit a LSD such as a Detroit Locker or similar. If you want to have ARB you might need a steel Diff housing that you can get from JBA    (http://jeepinbyal.com/liberty-2002-2007-kj/jba-steel-diff-for-jeep-liberty-front-axle-swap.html). It will also allow you to re gear over 4.10:1 that will help if you decide to fit taller tyres over 32' inc.

Fil.