Discoverer STT feedback request

Oddball

• Platinum Member

Evening all,

Would those who have experience of running the Discoverer STT on a stock JKU please feedback their experiences?  Specifically interested in the 275/65/18 in relation to both rub and on road noise.

Cheers  :great:

Steve

• Platinum Member

Can't tell you about Wranglers but I've run STT's on my KJ for nearly 2 years now. Road noise up, fuel consumption up, but hell, haven't got stuck yet, and pulled a few others out!!

You pays yer money ....etc etc..

• Administrators

Evening all,

Would those who have experience of running the Discoverer STT on a stock JKU please feedback their experiences?  Specifically interested in the 275/65/18 in relation to both rub and on road noise.

Cheers  :great:

Steve

Hi Steve I have run the 35's of these and currently my wife has 33" Mickey Thompson MTZ's both start off quiet but as the rubber goes harder the tyres gain some noise! Some get used to this others hate it! So it depends also on what you want to do in the Jeep ?

• Platinum Member

Cheers gents;  when you say noise, is it just a constant note / drone or does it change frequency / warble? 

I briefly ran a set of Goodyear MTR's on a Discovery 3 a few years back (part worn) and the road noise was a bloody annoying warble that increased and decreased in frequency with road speed.  A constant drone is acceptable afik but a constantly changing type of sound is massively intrusive.

Cheers