Soon-to-be new JKU Owner

Oddball

• Platinum Member

Evening all,

Placed my order for a 2015 CRD JKU Black Edition II last week - the Jeep was from stock in the UK; I could have had it within 2 weeks but decided to wait until September for the plate change...

I am coming from Defender / Discovery 3 ownership having spent a long time hankering after a JK.

Forum looks great and has already helped with a number of questions.

Oddball

• Platinum Member

Looking forward to hear more about your Black Edition!

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Steve & welcome...I've come from the world of Land Rovers having owned Series & Defenders since 1975...you will probably always love the Solihull brand but will love the Jeep even more!

• Platinum Member

Thanks guys!

I do love the green oval but Discovery's are just too expensive now and Defenders should have been stopped at the TD5.  The Puma Defender has shocking build and reliability issues.

We almost went used 90 instead of the JKU; £22,000 for a dealer sourced 5 year old vehicle that drove horrendously - those that don't know Google 'Puma drive line slop'. 

Amazingly capable 4x4's murdered by profit margins.

I love any vehicle that does its respective job to the best of it's abilities - after much research that's why I am here! ( we will just ignore the point that based on the logic I should probably be buying a Landcruiser[emoji38])