Land Rover Show Show Billing...captions please

Yesterday I honoured a long standing commitment by helping a buddy on his stand at the Land Rover Show at Billing (not really the most pleasant of events) ...I was the only Wrangler amongst 1500+ Defenders...'Jeep the best 4x4 x Far'!!!

IMG_1942.thumb.jpg.5c18586e73c0a31b016007f8ab05676b.jpg

Graham

I know the feeling, I did the off road course at Beaulieu at Simple Landrover in 2013.

Was the only Jeep and had lots of "feedback", even some positive......

image.thumb.jpg.42a826129c1085bd32127abb0cba8109.jpg

Hi Neal...I thought the only positive bit was that I got out alive!!!!

Did they all offer you a tow......

It was all negative till I completed the off-road course, then I got a few comments to say that they were surprised.

• Platinum Member

Im on the fence on this subject as ive got both Jeep and Land Rover and the quote about the breakdowns, well it saves the fuel costs on the way home :na:

Ditto...I've enjoyed Land Rover ownership since 1974, all Defenders in various guises & have even been a LR Experience Instructor but even though I've jumped ship to the Jeep World I still have a soft spot & am even thinking of acquiring a 50's Minerva to tinker with.

• Platinum Member

A Minerva, now were they not a Belgium manufacture?

Also, I seem to remember a Spanish version of the old Land Rover but I'll be buggered if I can remember who they are.

santana?

Minerva was built in Belgium as a military vehicle in the 50's & was essentially a LR Series 1 but looked a bit more Willys with sloped front wings, jerry can holder etc & made with steel as opposed to aluminium, funnily enough the bodies have generally faired better as they didn't suffer from the steel/alu reaction which is a feature of most Land Rovers (even my 2008 Defender still had issues!); another little known fact is that the Belgium army chose the Series 1/ Minerva over Willys Jeeps which were built next door as a Hotchkiss...I think?

Santana Land Rovers were a different beast built in Spain & were essentially Series Land Rovers built from the late 50' up until the 80's until they built the little Suzuki SJ range.

• Platinum Member

Minerva was built in Belgium as a military vehicle in the 50's & was essentially a LR Series 1 but looked a bit more Willys with sloped front wings, jerry can holder etc & made with steel as opposed to aluminium, funnily enough the bodies have generally faired better as they didn't suffer from the steel/alu reaction which is a feature of most Land Rovers (even my 2008 Defender still had issues!); another little known fact is that the Belgium army chose the Series 1/ Minerva over Willys Jeeps which were built next door as a Hotchkiss...I think?

Santana Land Rovers were a different beast built in Spain & were essentially Series Land Rovers built from the late 50' up until the 80's until they built the little Suzuki SJ range.

The Santana PS10 which was a Series 11A to all intents and purposes with an Iveco daily driveline eventually morphed into the Iveco Massif before the factory closed when iveco finally realised they were flogging a dead horse. Something to do with the impending Chrysler merger ?

Santana;

The only Santana I know of that is any good is the Rock Band from the late 60's.

As for a caption, I will start........"So many Landrovers parked on a hill. All with starter motor failures........again"    :rofl:

Other comments about the LR can be found here;  https://www.jeepowners.club/forum/index.php/topic,5270.msg39874.html#msg39874

As some of you are easily upset about any comments regarding Landrover that are not positive, bearing in mind that this is a JEEP forum, it might be advisable not to view this link.

For those, like me, who absolutely love humour, especially when it involves the Landrover,  :icon_e_wink:, try the link and feel free to add more.  :great:

• Platinum Member

Jules, I said it before and I say it again, I enjoy all 4x4's! It happens that I love my JK, but I would like to have one of each and make my own mind. By myself!

As long as the humour and rivalry between jeepers and landies comes together with a healthy dose of comradry, count me in!

Cheers,

Hugo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems that the title for this post has escaped many of you who are replying. Please read it.

So. Back to the topic title: I managed to reply;

Recovery services were busy around Billing that weekend then

This appeared to upset a few. Strange really. Landrover picture. JEEP forum. Caption asked for.  :scratch:

Stick to the topic question. " Landrover show Billing..........caption please"

Maybe I should have posted

"WOW, look at all those fantastic Landrovers. Wish I had one of those, much better than my Jeep!"

Would that make some of you feel better?  :rofl:  :na:

(This has been written with humour, sarcasm and without any liking for the Landrover on a JEEP forum  :icon_e_wink:)

• Platinum Member

I can't stop laughing!!!!

(Also written with humour and sarcasm. And that is about it!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk