Just got a JK all advice gratefully recieved :-)

roocarl

• Platinum Member

Hi chaps I just purchased a facelift 2011 Wrangler JK :-)

My first proper offroader ! And planning a few mods like i guess many newcomers before me  Without going crazy the Jeep will still be my main driver would be cool to do a bit of greenlaning etc, Thought it might be an idea to do one of these 2 hour Groupon 4x4 training things ? Anyone tried these any good  for the sake of £80-£100 might be worth it ?

To kick off I think some new wheels and 33" tyres and I like the sound of the Old Man Emu 2" lift kits Shocks and Springs .

Advice opinions much appreciated :-)

I also own a sign company so i am considering a wrap on it as well ........

20150730_203016.thumb.jpg.ce5e1acc5e262d8fa0767d36a102eae3.jpg

Hi Carl and welcome.

As a club we do offer traning at some of our events.  Both as a group and also sometimes with 1 to 1. Keep an eye on the event section.

Why not come and see us at Billing in August and have a chat to some of the club members.

https://www.jeepowners.club/forum/index.php/topic,4871.msg41559/topicseen.html#new

Few of us use the JK as our daily drive, so I am sure you will get lots of advice.

Welcome Carl,

I'm sure being so close we'll pass each other sooner or later!

I'm sure I've seen your VW about, I used to have a bright yellow T25 you might have seem on the road.

:great:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Thanks guys i will try to make the Billing show :-) and well into my dub campers as well lol .

These 2 experiences look good value

www.buyagift.co.uk/Driving-Experiences/4x4-Off-Road-Driving-Thrill-BR-10217732.aspx?cm_sp=Product_List-_-9-_-10217732&cm_re=drivingexperiences_4x4offroad-_-product_list-_-9-_-10217732

https://m.livingsocial.com/gb/cities/72-liverpool/deals/1423334-jeep-off-road-driving-experience#dealWrap

The jeep one looks great but a bit far away in North Wales

• Platinum Member

Look at  4x4eventsuk.co.uk  they are based at Abergele, N Wales. I have  visited  the site and was impressed . They use jeeps only.

Hey Carl...Welcome to the Jeep world, I'm just down the road from you near Culworth so if you see my red JK then give me a wave! As to greenlaning, my advice would be to either attend Jeep events or book onto a greenlaning day/weekend with a guide such as http://www.4x4adventuretours.co.uk (Tom the guide is a good buddy of mine) this will enable you to meet like minded 4X4 folk who will be more than happy to give sound advice in a variety of terrain & routes. Don't waste your money on a Groupon!

• Platinum Member

Ted the 2nd link in that post was for that jeep centre gets great reviews but 180 miles away :-(

I will keep my eyes open for a red JK graham ! I very nearly bought a red one but got a slightly better deal on mine with a soft top thrown in as well :-)

Thats 4 of us in a very small area then.  :mdr:

I'm in Weston on the Green and Obarno is just up the road. Grahma/Carl we'll all have to meet up sometime soon!!

Regards Chris

• Platinum Member

My other offroader was american too i guess it may of been decent offroad but a muddy hill was as far as I took it lol

The FJ was rapid with lots of performance mods and drove well 15mpg was a bit harsh but I made a nice profit on it and went to Italy

The pillar box view out of the windscreen is similar to the JK , the JK is slower and a more bouncy ride , but I really like the character of the Jeep looking forward to getting offroad and the roof and doors come off ! Result !

A local get together sounds good I could pic up some tips :-)

11FJCruiser-30lr.thumb.jpg.b13479886e4bc1b3a645738ae3bd0738.jpg

• Platinum Member

Welcome Carl!

Billings is looking like a good selection of jeeps and mods to give you ideas, and a bit of Jeep life around the campfire.

• Platinum Member

Sounds like a plan we have to find an evening we can spare an hour or two and meet up in a central pub for a cheeky pint and natter :-)

Any ofvyou local guys know how to remove the doors , got the rest off today but they are proving stubborn to say the least lol

20150801_173602.thumb.jpg.dd274a0590fbe9d1b85dc4a1487b1012.jpg

20150801_173853.thumb.jpg.0d28f4a505bf58e0c92fbb38a207e726.jpg