M.O.D Site at Slab Common Hampshire SATURDAY December 28th

stewart

• Administrators

• Jeep Owners Club are invited to attend M.O.D Site at Slab Common Hampshire SATURDAY December 28th 2013

Fancy a Saturday of 4x4 action? Never driven you Jeep off road? Well this could be the day for you! So wether you a beginner or seasoned off roader there is some thing for you all!

Located just outside of Bordon, Hampshire, Slab Common is one of a series of M.O.D training areas around the military town.

The site consists of a large sandy area with free driving, scrub and small woods are also a feature of the area. The northern has more mature trees and depending on the weather may have some challenging mud and water feature. Hot weather means the site will give you sand driving whilst wet weather will challenge all vehicles in the mud. The openness of the site means that road going shiny vehicles will find a lot to safely amuse the family on this site.

Toilet facilities and a burger van is available for snacks. There is plenty of on-site parking.

Details

Date 28/12/2013

Bordon, GU35 9HJ  - NOTE THE POSTCODE IS NEARBY – NOT EXACT.

Directions:

Leave Farnham on the A325 Climb the hill through Wrecclesham and keep following the A325. After a few miles you will pass through the Alice Holt Woods and then back out into open country. After passing through Sleaford the road will gently climb with light woodland either side. Head into Bordon and at the traffic lights turn right into Station Road this will then become Oakhanger Road towards Oakhanger shortly after this you will see th esite on the left, if you get to Oakhanger you have gone past the site!.
      Turn right into the lane and then after 200 yards turn right into the site.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=478321&Y=136048&A=Y&Z=120&ax=478321&ay=136048

OS X (Eastings)    478288
OS Y (Northings)    136046
Nearest Post Code  GU35 9HJ
Lat (WGS84)        N51:07:06 (51.118363)
Long (WGS84)        W0:52:58 (-0.882851)
LR                  SU782360
mX                  -98278
mY                  6608974

Please reply to this thread if you would like to attend Payment Via Paypal to The Blue Light Off Road Club bloc@hotmail.co.uk  £30.00  Cash can be taken on the day

Attendees

• Platinum Member

please put me and the Mrs down, 2dr JK  M9MSF. is there a B+B pub or hotel nearby that anyone can recommend.

• Platinum Member

Is there a cut off day you must have put yout name down? Also I was looking on the Blue Light Website and they are quoting £40 on the day, so to pay the £30 do we have to register in advance with then?

Fil.

• Administrators

Is there a cut off day you must have put yout name down? Also I was looking on the Blue Light Website and they are quoting £40 on the day, so to pay the £30 do we have to register in advance with then?

Fil.

Need you name down ASAP as with out the numbers 2 things will go wrong ! Loads of bikes will have to fill the gap or price increase 15-20 Jeeps will be good!

The price is what's agreed with John At BLORC for JOC members so long as we can get a good turn out each time!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Message From Frosty:

Steve, i have got a problem with my starter motor, please can you put a post on the jeep owners club site saying i cant make it. We have just moved house and my Internet is not working yet. Thanks a lot mate, merry Christmas. Frosty

• Platinum Member

apologises will have to cry of slab common this Saturday caught up in storm damage repairs ....mike donovan

I have a quick question. Is Slab Common scratchy? I want to know whether I should install the body magnets on my Jeep that I bought from Greggster? If so I'll need to clean the Jeep today!

Also, could really do with knowing if the event is going ahead...

• Platinum Member

IM no longer a cert for tomorrows meet. My wj is currently on axle stands part way through a 2" lift. Thought i could fudge through without spring compressors. I was wrong. Hopefully manage to get it complete tonight

IM no longer a cert for tomorrows meet. My wj is currently on axle stands part way through a 2" lift. Thought i could fudge through without spring compressors. I was wrong. Hopefully manage to get it complete tonight

You must be using the wrong type of fudge!!!!!!

I had no problems installing my lift kit on the WJ without spring compressors. 

• Platinum Member

Sorry guys,couldnt make it. My lads going to a party today and ive got to drop him off and pick him up again later, gutted as i wanted to go  :scratch: