Car SOS - 11th season starts 9th March @ 8pm

V

• Platinum Member

The new season of Car SOS starts tonight at 8pm for UK audiences on National Geographic. A few of us from JOC and from Birtys helped out on episode 3. There are 10 episodes in the series, but the final four owners have yet to discover that their car's have been restored.

The channel can be found on:

• Sky (129) - Confirmed that it is being broadcast on this channel
  • Virgin Media (266) - Advertised as being broadcast on this channel
  • BT (317) - Possibly, TBC
  • TalkTalk (317) - Possibly, TBC
  • NowTV - Don't know if it will be streamed, I have not found a way of contacting them to get more info
  • TVPlayer - No. Confirmed by email from TVPlayer
  • Roku - Don't know if it will be streamed on Disney+, National Geographic has no 'contact us' details.

Keep a look out for these episodes if you can find it scheduled:

Episode 1 – Ford Mondeo – 9th of March

Episode 2 – Rover SD1 – 16th of March

Episode 3 – Jeep Grand Cherokee – 23rd of March

Episode 4 – Porsche Targa – 30th of March

Episode 5 – Riley RMF – 6th of April

Episode 6 – Renault Alpine GTA – 13th of April

CarSOSTXCard2023.thumb.jpg.21bc0d48272fb0dac4f6aa820ac1f8ad.jpg

Edited by V
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Member

First three episodes of real interest to me.  I worked on the development of the Mondeo at Ford at the start of my career, so that will be of great interest.  Always lusted after an SD1 when I was a kid, one of the families in my year at school had a 3500 Van Den Plas and I was very envious.  Assumjng the GC will be a ZJ, which was my first Jeep and I regret getting rid of now I have taken up the spanners, so that one will be good, but will probably reinforce my regrets.

• Platinum Member

Cannot wait to watch and thanks again for organising.
Are you still going to invite the owner to JeepTrek 23.5?

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, UKTJ said:

Assumjng the GC will be a ZJ,

If I remember correctly it is a WJ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Member
41 minutes ago, JimC said:

If I remember correctly it is a WJ

Well, I shall watch anyway to see the JOC members involved!

• Platinum Member
25 minutes ago, JimC said:

Some of it was filmed at Bernies place in Wales

Bernie?  Sorry, over my head.

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, JimC said:

Are you still going to invite the owner to JeepTrek 23.5?

Invited via the TV production company but I have not had a response yet. If the lucky owner is reading this, please get in touch admin@jeeptrek.rocks

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, UKTJ said:

Bernie?  Sorry, over my head.

Owner of the Tuff Terrains off-road training site.

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Member

On Roku, the National Geographic channel is within the Disney+ bundle and may also be bundled like this on other streaming systems.

• Platinum Member

Just finished watching the first episode on +1 channel 229 on Sky (National Geographic on Disney+ only seems to have series 1-9).

Obviously a very worthy cause, the owner had suffered a really horrid sequence of events.  But as a programme I was not convinced.  Maybe it is that YouTube has ruined TV programmes for me as the videos there are not limited by a single 1 hour show format, but I found it too superficial and played for laughs when I would have liked much more time spent on the technical details.  I will watch episode 3 because of the JOC connection, but not sure I will bother with any of the others.  All my person perspective of course and appreciate others may well enjoy it - it's in to series 11, so they must get a fair few people repeat viewing.

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Member
54 minutes ago, UKTJ said:

National Geographic on Disney+ only seems to have series 1-9

Thanks. I will need to call their support tomorrow. I was hoping to watch it from Disney+ on Roku. I couldn't see it advertised on TVPlayer website or on NowTV website either.

• Platinum Member

I haven't been able to find out from National Geographic why the show does not appear in their schedule listing because they don't have any contact details for which to ask.

I found this https://www.nationalgeographic.co.uk/carsos-s11 which says it is on Sky 129 and Virgin Media 266. I guess I won't get to see it if it is only on these two broadcast channels and not on National Geographic streaming channels.

• Platinum Member

Just checked on VIrgin Media - 
I cannot watch episode 3 (the WJ) until the 23rd March

"Tim & Fuzz journey to a barn in Somerset where a rundown Jeep Grand Cherokee is stored. The car belongs to former solider Ben."

Looking forward to seeing your WJ Ben 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Did anyone watch the Grand Cherokee episode last night? We don't have Sky or Virgin so I didn't see it.

• Platinum Member

I've actually found it on Demand and downloaded it now

Edited by Raakhee

• Platinum Member

@V I watched it.  Very deserving cause.  But my view in the programme is unchanged, frivolous entertainment at best, not really any serious car chat.  Not sure what you and others contributed, but whatever it was you got no credit for it.  There was a slot a few minutes long where the hosts said, 'now we need to find out what offroad modifications to make'.  Cut to an exterior shot from above of four offroad vehicles and they said "so we've arranged to meet four terrifying blokes in a field in Wales". Then just footage of them driving your Cherokee, brief mention at the end of them driving, getting stuck and winching out 'oh, we need a winch'.  After that it was back to the next attempt at a light hearted bit of car related content.  If you guys gave them help above letting them drive your Cherokee they didn't mention it on the programme. Maybe @Raakhee will have a different perspective, she is not a grumpy old cynic, like me.

But as I say, a very worthy cause.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Member

Oh, and one other thought.  I don’t want to spell it out on a public forum out of courtesy to the recipient, but my guess is the programme does not have a budget for legal advice.

• Platinum Member

20 minutes in and have seen so many shots of Jeeps that I know 
Excellent programme so far

• Platinum Member

Just finished watching the episode and what a great show it is.

The production company approached JOC last year with a very tight filming deadline, and I am talking about just a couple of weeks, and they wanted fellow Jeep owners to contribute to program and provide a location.
Vince stepped forward and organised everything at such short notice and all of the off roading shots that you see are at Bernie's (Tuff Terrains) along with all the other Jeep owners from JOC and Birties so a big thank you to you all. The Silver XJ Cherokee is Vince's pride and joy.

Please do watch the programme as it is very very good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Member
12 hours ago, JimC said:

Just finished watching the episode and what a great show it is.

The production company approached JOC last year with a very tight filming deadline, and I am talking about just a couple of weeks, and they wanted fellow Jeep owners to contribute to program and provide a location.
Vince stepped forward and organised everything at such short notice and all of the off roading shots that you see are at Bernie's (Tuff Terrains) along with all the other Jeep owners from JOC and Birties so a big thank you to you all. The Silver XJ Cherokee is Vince's pride and joy.

Please do watch the programme as it is very very good.

To be clear, I am not being negative about the time and effort put in by @V and others to help, rather I think it would have been nice if that had been given more aknowledgement on the programme.  I am not a fan of the format, but that is just a matter of what one enjoys, no programme can please eveybody all of the time.  If others enjoy it, that is great.  As I said above, being on series 11 they must have a loyal fan base.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Has anyone found a way to watch it for those of us who don't have access to these channels?

• Platinum Member

The show is light hearted. One of those positive ending kinda shows. I thought it was great and Vince was seen doing the winching. We all know they faked the getting stuck bit just to show off the winch 😄

The transformation of the Grand Cherokee was amazing. What great colour they chose as well.