Wrangler Parts

CharSams

• Platinum Member

Hey, I’m a new Jeep Owner and was wondering if anybody could recommend any websites etc for parts and decals for a Wrangler 2021 model.

Thanks ☺️

• Platinum Member

I tend to use Amazon US or Aliexpress.  Some of the Aliexpress Lantsun parts are now very good, I've had a hi/lo snorkel, US Rubicon flares and a steel bumper from them and the quality has been good.

• Like 3

• Platinum Member

In addition to Amazon.  I use Quadratec and RockAuto direct from the US, both make the process of importing parts pretty easy.  I have not used them but Morris4x4 and Summit make life similarly easy from What I have heard.

But your Jeep is much newer than mine, so you may find UK suppliers more readily available.  I bought new springs and a compressor from 4x4works in the UK, they were good and price competitive on ARB stuff.  There is also Jeepey, but check prices as in my experience they can be very expensive versus importing yourself, eg c.£400 more when I bought a new soft top from Quadratec.  I have not used them personally, but I believe newer Jeep owners have also had very good experiences with Buzz.

Hope that helps.

• Like 2

• Platinum Member

Hi @CharSams 👋

Where are you based?

I also use Amazon US, and Quadratec but have found the latter to have a really slow dispatch time for overseas orders.

I've been unable to find anyone in the UK that stocks a fraction of the thousands of items they sell on their web site, they are all "special order" 🙄

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Hey @Overlander21

thanks for your message, I’m based in the South East 😃!

on the US Amazon / Products from US in general, have you ever been exposed to additional fees regarding shipping / customs?

Thanks! 😄

• Platinum Member
8 hours ago, CharSams said:

Hey @Overlander21

on the US Amazon / Products from US in general, have you ever been exposed to additional fees regarding shipping / customs?

Thanks! 😄

Not sure of the experience of others, but if for me Amazon is the seller there is often an option shown to “buy from Amazon.co.uk”, when I have used this the price has included shipping and duty / taxes.  I am sure they are being paid, they are just not itemised.  I have a new fan clutch making its way to me at the moment as it happens.  No idea if Prime membership, which we have, helps with this or not.

• Like 2

• Platinum Member

@CharSams Amazon.com will give you an inclusive price so you know all charges are covered.

Quadratec has a really good range of products. Look out for the sales and you would want to make 1 big purchase to offset the shipping costs.

Jeepey.com and Buzz Special Vehicles has a limited range of items so I would advise you contact them directly.

Edited by Raakhee
  • Like 1

• Platinum Member
37 minutes ago, UKTJ said:

Not sure of the experience of others, but if for me Amazon is the seller there is often an option shown to “buy from Amazon.co.uk”, when I have used this the price has included shipping and duty / taxes.  I am sure they are being paid, they are just not itemised.  I have a new fan clutch making its way to me at the moment as it happens.  No idea if Prime membership, which we have, helps with this or not.

Could you post the link to the fan clutch you ended up buying?

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Summit, Rock auto, Rough Country, Tom Woods, RMS, Drive train Las Vegas, Performance Parts Warehouse, Ebay global shipping and Amazon have all been good for me. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
23 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Could you post the link to the fan clutch you ended up buying?

This is the one I ordered.  Yet to arrive, so will can’t comment on quality or fit.  Available on RockAuto as well, but was in a different warehouse to the other parts in my order, so with shipping worked out more expensive than the Amazon option.

Amazon fan clutch link

• Like 2

• Platinum Member

@Cameron by coincidence I have just seen a thread on a US TJ site suggesting the Hayden 2791 “extreme duty” fan clutch is preferred by some to the 2771 “heavy duty”, but of course the temperatures in some parts of the US in summer is routinely much hotter than here.  But thought I would mention as I had seen it.

• Platinum Member
On 20/02/2023 at 23:03, CharSams said:

Hey @Overlander21

Thanks! 😄

You have to be careful. Even those of us with a bit of know how can get caught especially if you want something that's hard to get and you have to use an awkward supplier. i think this is just about to happen to me.  A  $70 used alloy wheel that I suspect is about to cost me dear such as 2/3 times that possibly !! 

I shall no doubt find out soon! 😂  Still I've been trying to get a set of five original option wheels for quite a long, long time and thanks to Tim C. I recently gained four to start! 🤠

At least with regular suppliers and Amazon/ Ebay global etc you know what you are going to pay and when!