Wales Weekend Explorer - 11th & 12th March 2023 - Booking now open

Volant165

Wales Weekend Adventure - 11th & 12th March 2023  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who's up for attending?

• Yes yes yes ... where do I sign up?!
    • I'd love to ... but need to check my schedule.
  2. 2. Is anyone available to lead a group?

• No problem ... I'd be happy to help!
    • Not this time ... maybe at another event though.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Platinum Member
18 minutes ago, Chrisby said:

As long as things go to plan and there are no restrictions on the routes or excess rain closing the southernmost part of the lane , the nearest village to the end point is Abergwesyn .

That's great, thanks @Chrisby.  Understand plans may change.

• Platinum Member
8 hours ago, Matthew said:

All booked uo and really looking forward to the weekend. Thanks for organising 😊

How convincing were you on the camping front?

• Platinum Member
On 18/02/2023 at 08:42, UKTJ said:

How convincing were you on the camping front?

Not very 😔 and had to compromise by booking a room at the pub

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
47 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Not very 😔 and had to compromise by booking a room at the pub

We'll we are booked there too.  No shame to that in March IMHO.

• Platinum Member

Hi Admin, Just to let you know that I think you are gauging support for this type of event. i would love to do it but its simply not possible for me this time , hopefully I will be ok again for Slindon.  I hope to attend any similar event in the future. Have a gr8 time!

• Like 3

• Platinum Member
On 22/02/2023 at 14:05, digger said:

Hi Admin, Just to let you know that I think you are gauging support for this type of event. i would love to do it but its simply not possible for me this time , hopefully I will be ok again for Slindon.  I hope to attend any similar event in the future. Have a gr8 time!

Thanks. The plan is to do more events like this in 2023 and beyond. Hope to see you at Slindon! Have a fab weekend! 
Mrs V (Lou) 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

All booked up for this! Kids are gonna have a blast!! 2 nights of camping and some kick ass off roading!! Can't wait to see you guys again!

Just gotta get my driver's side upper control arm replaced!! I've got the current one welded up, but would prefer to have the spare in before the event!!

Kevin

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
Grant  Tuscan

Hi, I'm keen to book; I'm probably being thick, but how do I do it?  1x Wrangler RF68 EAX (two people).  Tel 07961 182832.   Do I need to be a JOC member?  I can join if required.

Thanks,

Grant

• Platinum Member
1 minute ago, Grant Tuscan said:

Hi, I'm keen to book; I'm probably being thick, but how do I do it?  1x Wrangler RF68 EAX (two people).  Tel 07961 182832.   Do I need to be a JOC member?  I can join if required.

Thanks,

Grant

See my post above for link to booking page.

• Platinum Member

Looks like it might be a cold one 🥶. Hopefully not too wet though, better for SF.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
13 hours ago, TimC said:

Looks like it might be a cold one 🥶. Hopefully not too wet though, better for SF.

Happy with the decision to book a room for Saturday night 

• Platinum Member
the1970Jules

Would love to be there, but alas not this time. Anything planned for the north of England? 

• Platinum Member
On 05/03/2023 at 11:22, the1970Jules said:

Would love to be there, but alas not this time. Anything planned for the north of England? 

Yes I am currently busy working on a few events for up north in 2023 ... it's super exciting! 

• Like 3

• Platinum Member
Grant  Tuscan

Have just booked!  Me and my daughter (10yrs old daughter not me), should be fun.  Looking forward it and meeting some of the Jeep Owners Club.  I think we are going to brave sleeping in the Jeep on the campsite 🥶

Not very experienced off road, so looking forward to seeing what the JL can do.  The Sway Bar disconnect isn't currently functioning (software issue I think) but hopefully that should be ok for these trails - also no snorkel.  Will that be ok??

Cheers,

Grant

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, Grant Tuscan said:

Have just booked!  Me and my daughter (10yrs old daughter not me), should be fun.  Looking forward it and meeting some of the Jeep Owners Club.  I think we are going to brave sleeping in the Jeep on the campsite 🥶

Not very experienced off road, so looking forward to seeing what the JL can do.  The Sway Bar disconnect isn't currently functioning (software issue I think) but hopefully that should be ok for these trails - also no snorkel.  Will that be ok??

Cheers,

Grant

Hope so, no snorkel here.  I am sure we will be fine.  See you Saturday!

• Platinum Member
SheffieldWrangler

Hey All. New Jeeper.

I've been following some of you on instagram since I got my Jeep but I havn't been off road with it yet. I also know 0 about off roading. I'd just love to get into it. 

I'm thinking maybe I'll come along this weekend but I just wanted to check before I buy the ticket. 

1 - Do people take kids along to these things? I'll have to come with an 8 and 11 year old in tow. I'm sure they will love it but I dont know if this is ok. 

2 - Is this event going to be ok for new jeepers. I literally know nothing so I was looking for a good event to watch how it's done. 

Thanks 🙂

Luke

• Platinum Member

Strata Florida for first time off road will be a real eye opener and very cool. You will be fine, your kids will be fine and your Jeep will be fine. You will be in good hands and you'll love it. You are so going to get addicted 😁

• Platinum Member
SheffieldWrangler

Yeah I hope my Jeep will be fine 😂

I have mud tyres, front and rear recovery but honestly I have no idea if my Jeep is equipped for 1-2 ft of water. Do stock jeeps need a lift to handle this or would a stock rubicon be ok?

I guess I have a lot to learn 😂

• Platinum Member

That does not look like a stock JL Rubicon. It has had some Buzz treatment so may have had a lift, hard to tell. In any case even a stock JL Rubicon will be OK under normal conditions. Sometime if there has been a lot of rain then discretion may prove to be the better part of valour. There will be good group leads who will make a judgement call on the day and won't be putting anybody at risk. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
SheffieldWrangler

Ok thanks for the reassurance. Indeed it’s had Buzz work done but no lift. It was done before I bought it though so I’m not 100% sure of what exactly was done. 

Is it essential I get a CB radio? I’d rather get one that’s fitted to the aux power in the car but won’t have time before this weekend. I could get a hand held one but seems a waste of money if I’ll replace with a bigger unit later. 

does everyone else have one? 

• Platinum Member
On 06/03/2023 at 17:04, Grant Tuscan said:

Cheers,

Grant

We (me and my 3 kids ages 7, 7 & 12)will be on the campsite Friday and Saturday night!! Should be a blast, my kids loved the Sailsbury trip and are super excited for this one!!

• Like 1