Cars & Coffee Morning - Sat 4th Feb 2023 - Unity Automotive

Volant165

Cars & Coffee Morning - Sat 4th Feb 2023 - Unity Automotive   

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who is up for joining us for Cars & Coffee morning on Saturday 4th Feb at Unity Automotive?

• Totally ... count me in! šŸ˜€
    • Oh no ... I'm busy that day ā˜¹ļø
  2. 2. What would you like most from a cars & coffee morning?

• A trained Jeep team on hand to help with technical questions & issues
    • To see the latest Jeep range on display
    • Time to chat with fellow jeepers
    • All of the above

• Platinum Member

I hope to be there, but can only get there is I can sort the cooling issue that I 'acquired' on Salisbury Plains yesterday.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
eastbournesmiths

I will be coming with my daughter, Issy, who will be very excited to see the new Grand Cherokee. If only there was a Rubicon 392 to listen to

• Like 2

• Platinum Member

Hi UKTJ,

I hope you are able to make it too.Ā 

I'd be interested in looking at the differences between your TJ and my YJ too, re the mud shield discussions.Ā 

Re your overheating after off roading. My best guess is that it is a mud clogging problem. It can be very difficult to get out of a rad once its baked in. The clay can be like cement! The worst time for me was in my 2nd XJ. I went the wrong way,going home early,Ā  at Tuff Terrains!šŸ¤£.Ā Ā Ā Liquid mud right over the bonnet!Ā Ā Getting home was hell. Multiple fill ups, trying to clear it in garages etc. Once home I tackled it with a hose (this is when the bent copper pipe was born. I still have it!) and a pressure washer, not too close. I 've told you this because I can't emphasise how difficult a job it was. I seem to recall , it took well over an hour until all the hosing ran clear! I almost took the rad out!( Is that a quicker option in a TJ?)

Ā  I'm sure you have done this, but have you checked inside your air box? In that XJ,

On 30/01/2023 at 15:46, UKTJ said:

I hope to be there, but can only get there is I can sort the cooling issue that I 'acquired' on Salisbury Plains yesterday.

the mud was in there too. I had been lucky! Nonetheless, the filthy clogged air filter was also contributing to the over heating!Ā  I had had to take it out after only a couple of miles on the way home from Bernie's.

Hope to see you on the 4th.

Edited by digger
  • Like 1

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, digger said:

Hi UKTJ,

I hope you are able to make it too.Ā 

I'd be interested in looking at the differences between your TJ and my YJ too, re the mud shield discussions.Ā 

Re your overheating after off roading. My best guess is that it is a mud clogging problem. It can be very difficult to get out of a rad once its baked in. The clay can be like cement! The worst time for me was in my 2nd XJ. I went the wrong way,going home early,Ā  at Tuff Terrains!šŸ¤£.Ā Ā Ā Liquid mud right over the bonnet!Ā Ā Getting home was hell. Multiple fill ups, trying to clear it in garages etc. Once home I tackled it with a hose (this is when the bent copper pipe was born. I still have it!) and a pressure washer, not too close. I 've told you this because I can't emphasise how difficult a job it was. I seem to recall , it took well over an hour until all the hosing ran clear! I almost took the rad out!( Is that a quicker option in a TJ?)

Ā  I'm sure you have done this, but have you checked inside your air box? In that XJ,

the mud was in there too. I had been lucky! Nonetheless, the filthy clogged air filter was also contributing to the over heating!Ā  I had had to take it out after only a couple of miles on the way home from Bernie's.

Hope to see you on the 4th.

Think the radiator must be as clogged at the back as it was at the front, judging from Cameronā€™s picture. Ā Plan is to get the fan shroud off and see what access I can get then with the radiator still in place. Ā If that doesnā€™t work I may well be able to tell you how I get on removing the radiator šŸ˜‚ Ā Air box is fine.

Ā 

If only we hadnā€™t exchanged my wifeā€™s WK2 for a Golf last week so my son has a car he can drive, I could have come in that if all else failed. Ā The difficulties of becoming a one Jeep household - now that truly is a First World problem!

• Platinum Member
On 29/01/2023 at 18:37, Volant165 said:

Hi everyone,

Ā 

I have some super exciting news ...

at the cars & coffee event next Saturday you'll be able to take a look at the new, as yet unseen Grand Cherokee! How amazing is that!Ā 
Ā 

Itā€™s going to be a great morning where Jeep owners & Jeep fans can meet fellow enthusiasts & members of the Jeep community to discuss everything Jeep over a coffee with breakfast (bacon baps etc) kindly provided by Unity.Ā 

Iā€™m very much looking forward to it!

Ā 

If you're planning on attending please let me know so I have a rough idea of numbers.Ā 
Ā 

Mrs Volant (Lou)Ā 

I'm hopefully coming !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UKTJ said:

Think the radiator must be as clogged at the back as it was at the front, judging from Cameronā€™s picture. Ā Plan is to get the fan shroud off and see what access I can get then with the radiator still in place. Ā If that doesnā€™t work I may well be able to tell you how I get on removing the radiator šŸ˜‚ Ā Air box is fine.

Ā 

If only we hadnā€™t exchanged my wifeā€™s WK2 for a Golf last week so my son has a car he can drive, I could have come in that if all else failed. Ā The difficulties of becoming a one Jeep household - now that truly is a First World problem!

As a member you're welcome to come along even if you arrive in a non Jeep vehicle , I turned up in my Tesla last time as the Jeep was in Bits..Ā šŸ˜‚

Still a great opportunity to see the new Jeep range and chat with everyoneĀ šŸ‘

Ā 

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, Chrisby said:

As a member you're welcome to come along even if you arrive in a non Jeep vehicle , I turned up in my Tesla last time as the Jeep was in Bits..Ā šŸ˜‚

Still a great opportunity to see the new Jeep range and chat with everyoneĀ šŸ‘

Ā 

Ah, OK, I wonā€™t be shunned šŸ˜‚. Thanks for that Chris. Ā Iā€™ll be there then.

• Like 2

• Platinum Member

we will be there too , planning to bring both jeepsĀ 

Ā 

Edited by CandsEvo7
  • Like 3

• Platinum Member

Looking forward to seeing everyone in the morning!Ā 
Ā 

Safe travels!Ā 
Ā 

Mrs Volant (Lou)Ā 

• Like 2

• Platinum Member

A big thanks to the JOC and Unity teams for organising this event.Ā  I had a really good morning, chatting with other Jeepers, nosing around other people's Jeeps, and having a good look at the very luxurious new Grand Cherokee.Ā  It was great to be able to meet a few more JOC members I have not previously had the chance to meet in the real world.Ā  The bacon roll and coffee were also very much appreciatedĀ šŸ˜‹

Ā 

Roll on the next JOC event!

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
eastbournesmiths

Thanks for everyone who made today's cars and coffee such a great event and to Unity Automotive for hosting it.

It was nice to be at the launch of the impressive new Grand Cherokee but the 4xe drivetrain won't make the sound of the various SRTs and Lou's Trackhawk.

Issy and I had a great time and look forward to seeing everyone at Slindon in April.Ā 

IMG-20230204-WA0082.jpg

IMG-20230204-WA0079.jpg

IMG-20230204-WA0078.jpg

IMG-20230204-WA0060.jpg

IMG-20230204-WA0058.jpg

IMG-20230204-WA0056.jpg

IMG-20230204-WA0025.jpg

IMG-20230204-WA0017.jpg

IMG-20230204-WA0022.jpg

• Like 3

• Platinum Member

Excellent, thoroughly enjoyable, thanks to Lou, Brad and everyone who made it agr8 day out.

And, there was a YJ too!Ā  Ā Super motor Les, hope to see you at other events

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
13 minutes ago, digger said:

Excellent, thoroughly enjoyable, thanks to Lou, Brad and everyone who made it agr8 day out.

And, there was a YJ too!Ā  Ā Super motor Les, hope to see you at other events

So glad you had a good morning & could join us today. Great to see you!Ā 

LouĀ