New to the Brand but loving it already !!

Lee5euk

• Platinum Member

Hello people !!!

All my life I have always liked the look of the Jeep Wrangler but never got round to actually pulling the trigger to buy one.

I was visiting some family in New York a couple of weeks back for Thanksgiving and every other car on the road was a Jeep, which got my interest going into overdrive !!

When I returned home last Tuesday 6/12/22, I was straight on Autotrader to see what was about and came across an advert by a trader that had only been live a couple of days.

I viewed the Jeep on the Thursday, agreed a deal on the Friday and collected it on Saturday !! lol.

I am now the proud owner of something (in my opinion) a little bit special and I can't wait to enjoy it.

Thanks for letting me join your group !!

IMG_3951.jpg

Edited by Lee5euk
  • Like 11

• Platinum Member

Welcome aboard!  Jeeps are gr8 cars and we have a good club. Yours looks amazing. What kit's fitted?

Mind you ,I'm not sure about you following me in the lanes, I might get the willies!  

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
5 hours ago, Lee5euk said:

I viewed the Jeep on the Thursday, agreed a deal on the Friday and collected it on Saturday !! lol.

No mucking about 😄

Welcome to the club @Lee5euk - where are you based?

• Haha 1

• Platinum Member

3 hours ago, digger said:

Welcome aboard!  Jeeps are gr8 cars and we have a good club. Yours looks amazing. What kit's fitted?

Mind you ,I'm not sure about you following me in the lanes, I might get the willies!  

I'm not sure what the kit is but I do know it

was about £10k and done by Storm Jeeps.

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
25 minutes ago, Overlander21 said:

No mucking about 😄

Welcome to the club @Lee5euk - where are you based?

When I saw the Jeep advertised, I figured the first person to view would buy so I just had to get it. lol.

I'm right between Cambridge & Bedford mate.

Edited by Lee5euk
  • Like 2

• Platinum Member

Between Cambridge & Bedford your my neighbour 😆you can only be a stones through from me. Potton. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
23 hours ago, Mike WK2 said:

Between Cambridge & Bedford your my neighbour 😆you can only be a stones through from me. Potton. 

Gransden mate. 👍🏻

• Platinum Member

So this is a newbie to Jeeps question...........

Before I take it to my local garage to check, is the gear stick area supposed to illuminate or have I got a blown fuse or bulb ?

IMG_4189.JPG

• Platinum Member

No……..at least mine doesn’t either. I assume you’re looking for the letters for the gear selection to illuminate as they do on some cars. As far as I know there’s no illumination, the gear selection appears in the info area on the dash between the speedo and rev counter.

• Platinum Member
6 minutes ago, TimC said:

No……..at least mine doesn’t either. I assume you’re looking for the letters for the gear selection to illuminate as they do on some cars. As far as I know there’s no illumination, the gear selection appears in the info area on the dash between the speedo and rev counter.

Tha'ts what I had hoped but thought I'd double check. Thank you. 👍🏻

• Platinum Member
8 hours ago, Lee5euk said:

So this is a newbie to Jeeps question...........

Before I take it to my local garage to check, is the gear stick area supposed to illuminate or have I got a blown fuse or bulb ?

IMG_4189.JPG

I can't remember but it does tell you on the dash which gear you're in.

• Platinum Member

I'm thinking of getting a light strip on the front above the window screen.

I've seen a few that can get quite expensive so does anyone have any recommendations or experience without breaking the bank ?

• Platinum Member

LED light bars, whilst undoubtedly cool and fashionable, are mostly (as you have found) surprisingly expensive. They also, in my opinion, get very little opportunity for use unless you are night driving across Moab or the Australian outback. You also appear to have JW Speaker replacement LED headlights which are astonishingly bright already. Of course paying a lot of money for something that is completely unnecessary because it looks cool is part and parcel of Jeep ownership 😁. However if you really have the cash burning a hole in your pocket then I can recommend Rigid lights from Buzz Special Vehicles. They are a quality product, Alex will give you good advice and a discount for being in the club too 👍

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
7 hours ago, Lee5euk said:

I'm thinking of getting a light strip on the front above the window screen.

I've seen a few that can get quite expensive so does anyone have any recommendations or experience without breaking the bank ?

You'll inevitably be asking afterwards how to stop the whistling from the wind!

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, TimC said:

LED light bars, whilst undoubtedly cool and fashionable, are mostly (as you have found) surprisingly expensive. They also, in my opinion, get very little opportunity for use unless you are night driving across Moab or the Australian outback. You also appear to have JW Speaker replacement LED headlights which are astonishingly bright already. Of course paying a lot of money for something that is completely unnecessary because it looks cool is part and parcel of Jeep ownership 😁. However if you really have the cash burning a hole in your pocket then I can recommend Rigid lights from Buzz Special Vehicles. They are a quality product, Alex will give you good advice and a discount for being in the club too 👍

Thank you Tim.

Yes you are correct about the lights I already have, they are the brightest lights I have ever seen but as I didn't have the kit on my Jeep fitted, I wanted to give it a little of my own personalisation and I thought the light bar may be a good option.

I was also thinking of having it wired up to my high beam so it would also get used ?? lol.

Or would that then cause problems when being MOT'd ???

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, doodle said:

You'll inevitably be asking afterwards how to stop the whistling from the wind!

Yeah I did read about that as well and apparently there is something you can fit to help with it ?

• Platinum Member
10 minutes ago, Lee5euk said:

I was also thinking of having it wired up to my high beam so it would also get used ?? lol.

Never mind an MOT failure …. I’m pretty sure the light bar will be strictly “off-road” only … and illegal to use on the road. My own light bar  (front mounted in front of grill) is like a mini sun AND not recommended to look at directly, for fear of retinal damage. Be careful. Alex at Buzz will advise.

Sure does light up the way ahead though 😎

• Platinum Member
1 minute ago, Maverick23 said:

Never mind an MOT failure …. I’m pretty sure the light bar will be strictly “off-road” only … and illegal to use on the road. My own light bar  (front mounted in front of grill) is like a mini sun AND not recommended to look at directly, for fear of retinal damage. Be careful. Alex at Buzz will advise.

Sure does light up the way ahead though 😎

"like a mini sun" ??!!!

That sounds perfect !!! lol

Can you post a picture ?

• Platinum Member
50 minutes ago, Lee5euk said:

Thank you Tim.

Yes you are correct about the lights I already have, they are the brightest lights I have ever seen but as I didn't have the kit on my Jeep fitted, I wanted to give it a little of my own personalisation and I thought the light bar may be a good option.

What about this kit ?

Cheap I'd say with everything included ?!

Screenshot 2022-12-12 at 22.08.33.png