Celebration of Life & Jeep Procession for Jim Olexa 29th November 2022

• Area Representative

We will be there in normal car sadly  who is organising the organisers of the convoy as we are happy to help out despite not being in a jeep

• Like 3

• Platinum Member

I do not check in very often these days, so learning about Jim O's sad passing today came as quite a shock. As one of the early members of this great forum, i was so pleased to have met and known Jim right from the start. He was my goto JK expert and had many useful chats with extremely useful advice from him. 

RIP Jim.

• Like 5

I have managed to sort childcare and will be able to attend in my Jeep, please add me to the list. 

Jim’s friendly welcome and all encompassing inclusion to everyone is my over riding memory of my first JOC event and exposure to true Jeeping. An incredible person. 

• Like 5

• Platinum Member

So, 

I may have missed this but is everyone meeting at a place near by or all just going to the church?

If I read it correctly the church attendance is family? and then the procession from the church out to burial for Jeeps etc?

Are people meeting at a services etc on way up/Down and then al l going in?

Dear all, funeral home have requested that everyone who is coming to bid farewell to Jim arrived by 11:05am at St Marie's Church. 

Please see below map. Oak Street is a private road owned by the church. I am hoping the jeep
Procession will be able to fit and line up down there. If not there is residential parking on the slip road off Churchill road. 

I would kindly request all attendees place a sign in the windscreen saying 'Funeral St Marie's - 11:30am.

On a separate note Jim will be open casket and there will be the opportunity for people to pay their respects if they wish before the service commences. 

Many thanks, Louise

0D26BAF3-6952-4EDF-8E3A-E8E5AA5B6055.jpeg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, doodle said:

So, 

I may have missed this but is everyone meeting at a place near by or all just going to the church?

If I read it correctly the church attendance is family? and then the procession from the church out to burial for Jeeps etc?

Are people meeting at a services etc on way up/Down and then al l going in?

@doodle a few of us Southern based are meeting at Cherwell Valley Services on the M40, leaving at 9:30 to get to the church for 11:00

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
4 minutes ago, neal said:

@doodle a few of us Southern based are meeting at Cherwell Valley Services on the M40, leaving at 9:30 to get to the church for 11:00

Aiming to see you guys there Neal. Your coming up from Reading arnt you? Bracknell here. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, doodle said:

Aiming to see you guys there Neal. Your coming up from Reading arnt you? Bracknell here. 

@doodle yes that right, will be going Oxford, A34, M40 and aiming to be there around 9:00 and grab a coffee.

See you tomorrow 

• Like 3

• Platinum Member
eastbournesmiths
31 minutes ago, doodle said:

I'm heading up from Eastbourne on the south coast but intending to get there for the Jeep honour guard procession from the church to the cemetery.

• Like 4

• Platinum Member
48 minutes ago, neal said:

@doodle yes that right, will be going Oxford, A34, M40 and aiming to be there around 9:00 and grab a coffee.

See you tomorrow 

Sweet. Will hump across the 404 and up 

• Like 2

• Platinum Member

308D5D78-4A1E-4625-A9F7-B025F9E4FF0B.jpeg

Dear all,

From the bottom of my heart thank you so much to all who helped give Jim a send off he would have truly loved. The Jeep procession absolutely took our breathe away! It was such a fitting final journey for a man who was so passionate about Jeep & the wonderful jeep community. 

The girls, family and I have taken great comfort from all your kind, supportive & very thoughtful condolence messages. Thank you! 

The jeep community never ceases to amaze me and we very much love you all! 

I look forward to seeing you all soon. 

Mrs O (Lou) & family x 

Ps if anyone has any footage or photos of the jeep procession & line up I would absolutely love to see it so please reach out. 

223F2617-81C9-4E20-9857-AFCECB957575.jpegED9A1B5C-8E0D-46B1-B82A-44E9CBA36C12.jpegF09A96C5-DEB1-483A-82CA-69C3E9D4BD4D.jpeg

• Like 12

• Platinum Member
3 minutes ago, Volant165 said:

Dear all,

From the bottom of my heart thank you so much to all who helped give Jim a send off he would have truly loved. The Jeep procession absolutely took our breathe away! It was such a fitting final journey for a man who was so passionate about Jeep & the wonderful jeep community. 

The girls, family and I have taken great comfort from all your kind, supportive & very thoughtful condolence messages. Thank you! 

The jeep community never ceases to amaze me and we very much love you all! 

I look forward to seeing you all soon. 

Mrs O (Lou) & family x 

Ps if anyone has any footage or photos of the jeep procession & line up I would absolutely love to see it so please reach out. 

IMG_6344.MOV 26.7 MB · 1 download  

IMG_6343.MOV 6.8 MB · 0 downloads  

223F2617-81C9-4E20-9857-AFCECB957575.jpegED9A1B5C-8E0D-46B1-B82A-44E9CBA36C12.jpegF09A96C5-DEB1-483A-82CA-69C3E9D4BD4D.jpeg

Dearest Lou and family, 

Thank you for allowing us to be part of the day especially when it's so personal as to its nature. 

It was definitely a sight to see and I can only imagine what Jim would have been saying..

Much love to you all and always here if you guys need anything

• Like 11

• Platinum Member
Black_box_jeep

It was an honour to be part of a sad but amazing tribute to Jim.
We didn’t know Jim for a long time but that didn’t seem to matter as was always nice to chat as though we had. He also brought a lot of good people together and we’ve made some great friends as a result, and are thankful for that.

Again, if we can do anything, let us know.

Thoughts are with you and all Jims family and friends.

Ian and Sophie

• Like 10

• Platinum Member
eastbournesmiths

Just a few photos from the day. 

It was an honour to be part of Jim's final journey.

20221129_114445.jpg

20221129_125746.jpg

20221129_134307.jpg

20221129_134437.jpg

20221129_134414.jpg

20221129_134516.jpg

20221129_134554.jpg

• Like 9