A tribute to a great friend and Jeeping Legend

stewart

• Administrators

As posted elsewhere you will have learnt the sad news about the passing of our great Jeeping Legend Jim Olexa. Jim was very close friend of mine and back in 2012 Jim became a JOC member and by 2016 involved with running JOC with myself. With Jim onboard this really helped our Club to evolve and grow with his shared passion for all things Jeep. Jim was a great mate and travel companion on many Jeeping Adventures. 

Jim worked tirelessly on the Club and raising money for charity, he passionately cared a great deal for the JOC members and would push hard to get deals that would benefit them. 

During Jim's illness we communicated via FaceTime, text and emails regularly, he never complained about his situation and always pushed on with his battle with cancer, a true legend and inspiration to us all! 

Lou his wonderful wife has been by his side supporting him right to the end and I have to say Jim was a lucky guy to have such great support. Louise will be getting involved in Jims place and I will still be involved behind the scenes as much a possible. Louise has a strong passion also for the Jeep brand and has helped out massively over the years supporting JOC events.

Here area few pic's from some of our travels in memory of Jim and he has even made a video for the Green Lane Association here :

PB030070.png

IMG_7695.png

IMG_5924.png

40e792f1-4257-4f3c-87ac-52e04d3fbd2b.png

DSC00176.png

DSC00201.png

DSC00243.png

DSC00247.png

DSC00248.png

IMG_0201.png

IMG_0263.png

IMG_0290.png

IMG_2052.png

IMG_2061.png

IMG_2076.png

IMG_2113.png

• Like 15

7 hours ago, stewart said:

Jim at JOC Bagshot 2013 in his immaculate TJ! Was certainly muddy by the end of that event!! P1060212.jpegP1060195.jpeg

My second JOC event and the first time meeting Jim. Great event and great company with many great friends made 👍

• Like 3