Some very sad news for the Jeeping community.

Chrisby

For those of you that don’t do social media , it’s my very sad duty to repost the below from Mrs O and family from our club social feed.

Truly a very sad day and our sincere condolences go to Lou and the Olexa family. A great man and true friend. 

It’s with a heavy heart I let you know Jim Olexa lost his battle with multiple myeloma last night.

In true Mr O style he fought 110% and was courageous, spirited, humorous, loving, selfless & inspirational to the end. 

The @jeepownersclubuk was tremendously special to Jim. He absolutely adored the Jeep community & family. With the team we will endeavour to continue his
legacy! 

Once a jeeper always a jeeper!

Mrs O & family x 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

• Platinum Member

Great loss to the the Jeep Family. He was truly a kind soul. Always took the time to make everyone feel welcome. He will be missed 😢 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark

Jim was a very wonderful man, kind and welcoming to everyone. He will be deeply missed by all of us in the Jeep community and i know that our heart-felt condolences and thoughts are with Lou and family. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Platinum Member

I am lost for words. Jim was not only a real friend but he was also one of the most experienced and devoted Jeeper. Our deepest condolences to Lou and all family.

• Like 3

• Platinum Member

Truly sad news - Jim was a kind man, willing to jump and help anyone regardless if he knew them or not. A trait that is so rare these days! He has left a great legacy and will be reminded for that!

Our thoughts are with Jim's family 😞

• Like 4

• Platinum Member

I learnt yesterday of the sad news of Jim's passing when another gr8 'Jeeper'  friend texted me.  I couldn't face writing anything. 

Jim was the first member of JOC that I met. It was sheer chance that when attending my first event, he was booked into the same Travel Inn. I met him in the bar and we had dinner. Jeep regalia and a big hat! An enduring memory! He couldn't have been more welcoming to me as a new member. We had a number of things in common as well which helped an excellent friendship.  He was always helpful , his Jeep knowledge was endless  and his enthusiasm knew no bounds. 

I see him now ,roaring upward with a screaming supercharger!!!

My best wishes , thoughts and condolences  to  Lou and his family.

• Like 6

• Platinum Member

Jim was always kind and helpful, as a newbie to the World of Jeeps, he was alway Welcoming and friendly, he had time for everyone, chatted to everyone. 
A lovely man who will be sorely missed, my thoughts and prayers are with Lou and all the family 😞😞😞

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

• Platinum Member

Jim,

You made a tremendous effort to be at summer camp this year. My last memory of you is seeing you smiling in your Wrangler at Walter's Arena. Thank you for all of the joyful moments that you made possible for so many. I will not forget you.

-Vince-

• Like 5

• Platinum Member

Really sorry to hear this very sad news, Jim will truely be missed!!

Our thoughts are with Jim's family and loved ones during this difficult time

• Like 3

• Platinum Member

Best wishes and our thoughts are with all Jim’s family. Jim will deeply missed by all that had the pleasure to meet him. What an inspiration he was on every well. 

• Like 2

• Platinum Member

So sorry to hear this sad news. Sincere condolences to Lou and all the family.

Jim was a gentle man and a gentleman. He will be sorely missed but his legacy will live on. RIP Jim.

• Like 2

• Platinum Member

As a relative newcomer to JOC I only met Jim a few times, but even in those few meetings it was clear he was an exceptionally kind man, generous with his time and incredible knowledge.  My deepest condolences to Lou and his nearest and dearest.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Really sorry to hear this sad news … as many have said, such a wonderful kind man.

Deepest sympathy to his family & loved ones.

He will be missed by so many, including JOC and the Jeep community. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
eastbournesmiths

Terribly sad news and our thoughts are with Jim's family. 

Jim made everyone welcome at JOC events and his enthusiasm and kindness will be sadly missed. Rest in peace.

• Like 2