Oops, I made a RockAuto.com mistake on shipping

V

• Platinum Member

I order lots of parts from RockAuto.com and always use FedEx for delivery. I haven't needed any parts since the pound crashed against the dollar recently. I don't often order from multiple warehouses as I use the feature to optimise for shipping. However, on my last order using multiple warehouses was unavoidable. At the checkout there was a new FedEx button I had not seen before. I clicked it as it was the cheapest of the FedEx options. It included the words 'other carriers'. I have since found from my tracking email that some parts will be here in a few days via FedEx but the rest will be coming from the other warehouse using DHL. So, I've got a month to wait for DHL to lose my carton, find it again, damage it and lose some parts from inside before charging me a massive admin fee to pay the £3 customs charge due and then have a failed delivery because I was out and then have to collect from a depot. I will be wary of that new FedEx button next time. I could have had everything shipped by FedEx if only I had clicked the FedEx button I usually use.

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

DHL are improving. Local delivery was by Hermes. No damage to carton or parts, nothing missing, no tax to pay, took 9 days to arrive.

• Like 2