New Wrangler Availability

Sicarrie

• Platinum Member

Walked into a dealer yesterday to ask about the lead time for a new Rubicon. Apparently Jeep are not taking orders for new Wranglers at present so he couldn’t tell me or even when he would be able to. Speculation was that it is because the 4Xe is coming. But does that mean the end of 2dr Wrangler in the UK? Dealer had no idea…

• Sad 2

• Platinum Member

Apparently Westaway in Northampton (my local dealer) has loads of wranglers on-site. 

might be worth a call. 

• Platinum Member
Overlander21

When I bought my JL in November the Jeep dealer was giving out nine month build time estimates on Wranglers.

In March I had a minor warranty issue and went to a different dealer, while there I asked the same question and they told me they were not giving build times on Wranglers at the moment.  You could order one, but they simply would not commit to a time.  I casually asked if it'd be a year or more and the response was a physically shrug and a "Nobody knows, it'll get delivered whenever it's ready".

Can you imagine ordering a new Jeep waiting nine months (or more) for it to be built and delivered to the UK, and then finding out there was a problem with the order?   They might have missed an optional extra, wrong colour, trim, anything.  I'd probably implode 🤯

Given the way the world is at the moment I would not order any new car, of any brand.

Instead, I'd trawl the internet till I found the one I wanted on a forecourt somewhere where you can then drive it away in a week or two.  Instead of a year or more 😱

• Platinum Member
Overlander21

Just had a very quick look on Autotrader and counted 17 brand new Wranglers for sale. 

By counted, I mean pictures of the actual Jeep on their forecourt, not a stock photo (which is what the remainder of the 29 other results were).

• Platinum Member

I would not be surprised if some Jeep dealerships that mostly sell cars do not like supporting Wrangler customers. Particularly customers that drive their Wranglers off road. I suspect that not all Jeep dealers appreciate that a Jeep is an off road vehicle. If my hunch is correct, then it may also be likely that they will discourage customers from buying Wranglers from them to avoid the support hassle. If you are asking for a Rubicon model specifically, this could be the warning sign that alerts them to a potential off road customer. This is purely supposition based on previous reports of less than ideal Wrangler support.

Edited by V
Corrected typo
  • Like 2

• Platinum Member
16 hours ago, V said:

I would not be surprised if some Jeep dealerships that mostly sell cars do not like supporting Wrangler customers. Particularly customers that drive their Wranglers off road. I suspect that not all Jeep dealers appreciate that a Jeep is an off road vehicle. If my hunch is correct, then it may also be likely that they will discourage customers from buying Wranglers from them to avoid the support hassle. If you are asking for a Rubicon model specifically, this could be the warning sign that alerts them to a potential off road customer. This is purely supposition based on previous reports of less than ideal Wrangler support.

I would not be surprised with that - had plenty of issues with the biggest Jeep Dealership in the South West exactly for that same reason... 

• Platinum Member

I'm gonna have to source a new Dealership for servicing as Beaconsfield closed due to difficulties obtaining stock. No way I'm gonna go to Thames Motors. 

Agreed @V, some dealerships dont want to bother servicing an offroad vehicle purely because they don't have the trained technicians. 

• Platinum Member

Raakhee have you looked at HWM in Walton-on-Thames,I have used them twice and had good dealings with them.done what I wanted at a fair price.

• Platinum Member
On 10/10/2022 at 15:10, Tony said:

Raakhee have you looked at HWM in Walton-on-Thames,I have used them twice and had good dealings with them.done what I wanted at a fair price.

I've been told about them. Need to check if they honour the Jeep service plan. I have 3 services already paid for in my package.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Finally got a chance to follow up with another dealer. Similar story: Cannot take an order, but there are a number of vehicles coming through allocated to them [suggested that they go through this process twice a year]. The dealer was also under the distinct impression that 4xe is not coming any time soon because LHD is taking all the available capacity. It wouldn't surprise me if they simply didn't bother with RHD and just waited until the Recon BEV is here. (And LHD is a deal-breaker for us).

But in positive news, access to Affinity pricing does not seem to be an issue and we've had a competitive quote (compared to used) for a new Rubicon and one in a compromise colour that has not been vetoed by one or other of us is available within weeks, so I think we're going to treat ourselves to a spanking new one!

• Like 3