Marquenterre Saturday 3rd June 2023 JOC SUMMER SERIES

Volant165

• Platinum Member
matt the sign
18 minutes ago, Bela said:

Hi Lou, thank you. What is V5? (sorry :-))

Best wishes,

Bela

The logbook for your car

• Platinum Member
matt the sign
1 hour ago, Bela said:

Where the yearly service is logged. OK, thank you 🙂 No probs.

Best wishes,

Bela

No, it’s a double A4 piece of paper that shows you as the owner. Blue and red generally. 

• Platinum Member

Dear all, 

The final payment of £89 for Marquenterre can now be made in the JOC shop. 

I would be very grateful if those who have purchased tickets are able to settle the outstanding payment by 3rd May 2023. 

@maxsaf @DanD93 @Blackhawk ctc @Jeepinwithgeorgie @Bela @ajsjl @matt the sign @Wildjeeper62

Many thanks for your patience!

Looking forward to an absolutely awesome trip with you all. 

Mrs V (Lou) 

• Platinum Member
Volant165
On 27/04/2023 at 08:28, Jeepinwithgeorgie said:

All paid up 👍

Thanks 😊

• Platinum Member
Wildjeeper62
On 26/04/2023 at 20:53, Volant165 said:

Dear all, 

The final payment of £89 for Marquenterre can now be made in the JOC shop. 

I would be very grateful if those who have purchased tickets are able to settle the outstanding payment by 3rd May 2023. 

@maxsaf @DanD93 @Blackhawk ctc @Jeepinwithgeorgie @Bela @ajsjl @matt the sign @Wildjeeper62

Many thanks for your patience!

Mrs V (Lou) 

Final payment made. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member
On 01/05/2023 at 13:54, Bela said:

Final payment done 🙂

Thank you!

• Platinum Member
On 13/05/2023 at 08:40, DanD93 said:

found it! All paid 👍🏼

Thanks Dan! Much appreciated 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member
Jeepinwithgeorgie

Just getting prepped for the trip and reading online at essentials we need to drive in France.

Can anyone give me a definate list of what I'll need? Seen some conflicting posts. 

Thanks

Edited by Jeepinwithgeorgie

• Platinum Member
13 hours ago, Jeepinwithgeorgie said:

Just getting prepped for the trip and reading online at essentials we need to drive in France.

Can anyone give me a definate list of what I'll need? Seen some conflicting posts. 

Thanks

Hi Georgie,

Let me know what your worried about and I'll do my best to clarify & help!

I am about to pop up a top tips post now. 

Lou 

• Platinum Member

Dear all, 

How exciting the Marquenterre adventure is now just around the corner. 

Here are some top tips for the trip!

Logistics:

• The majority of garages are closed on Sunday in France therefore it is advised everyone fills their tank on Saturday.

Schedule:

• Meet at 8:30am sharp at Camping Tremieres on Sunday 4th June for a convoy departure to 4 x 4 site at 9:00am.
  • If you choose to go independently & directly to the site you must arrive at the Marquenterre office no later than 9:15am as gates close behind us a 9:30am sharp!

Equipment:

• If you are winch equipped tree straps are essential. The parc is understandably focused on the protection of their trees. 
  • CB radio is an asset in the forest (but not essential as we will work a buddy system). We will use channel 30. I will also bring a set of radios. 
  • Tires will need to be deflated to approximately 1 bar (14.5psi) when you arrive at the parc or just beforePlease use a gauge to do this & don't guess. You risk tires coming off one side of the rim if you go to low.
  • Compressors are available at the office to re inflate at the end of the day. 

Off roading:

• Buddy system will be employed - please don't loose sight of the vehicle behind you especially at junctions.
  • A French guide will be on a 4 wheel drive Quad & will decide the route we take through the parc.
  • Please follow the routes & instructions of the guide at all times. Do NOT drive off piste!
  • You will NOT  be able to roam on your own because the parc is vast & you will get lost if you deviate from the course. 
  • If you no longer see the group please stop and wait for the guide to come back and find you!
  • Do NOT attempt a climb or descent until you are certain it's clear. If in doubt wait. 
  • Feel free to have 3 attempts at each climbs. If you fail on the 3rd attempt please take the alternative route to ensure the group keeps moving & we are able to cover as much ground as possible making the most of the day. 
  • If it's sunny & the sand is dry the course will be trickier to drive & you'll need to maintain momentum. Therefore don't queue & stop right behind other vehicles uphill. Try to stop in the queue downhill & to give more momentum when you restart. 
  • There are water obstacles on site. Please ask if you're unsure or need help to navigate. 
  • If you get into difficulties the driver should remain with the vehicle stopped (in case of fuel leaks) & the foot on the brake. Get passengers safely out of the way & wait for recovery. 
  • Please respect the sites natural character & make efforts to preserve it. 

Day time facilities:

• A light breakfast of a croissant, coffee & orange juice will be served on arrival at Parque Marquenterre.
  • Please bring your own food, drinks & snacks for the remainder of the day.
  • There is a sheltered picnic spot with tables & chairs in the forest where we will stop for an hours picnic around 1pm. 

Camping:

• Spots have been reserved at Espace Vert des Tremieres
  • Costs approximately £20 per night per vehicle
  • Payable during the trip.

Documentation:

Please remember to submit your:

1. Driving licence 

2. V5 front page 

3. Car insurance documentation

4. MOT certificate (if appropriate) 

to info@domainedumarquenterre.com 7 days prior to the event!

Any questions please let me know & I'll do my best to clarify!

Let the fun begin! Can't wait to see you all!

Lou (Mrs V)

• Platinum Member
Jeepinwithgeorgie
4 hours ago, Volant165 said:

Hi Georgie,

Let me know what your worried about and I'll do my best to clarify & help!

I am about to pop up a top tips post now. 

Lou 

Need a UK sticker on number plate and on car? Light deflectors for our headlights?

Fire extinguisher etc

Can you let me know what are definites that we need and I'll make sure I have them 😊 thankyou

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, Jeepinwithgeorgie said:

Need a UK sticker on number plate and on car? Light deflectors for our headlights?

Fire extinguisher etc

Can you let me know what are definites that we need and I'll make sure I have them 😊 thankyou

Yes you definitely need a UK sticker on the car.

Also you require:

- warning triangles

- reflective jackets for yourself and all if your passengers

for if you break down. 

Jim & I used to carry a first aid kit in the car with us also that included alcohol breathalysers. Although I believe the penalty for not having this has been dropped I think they are still officially designated as mandatory equipment. 

Previously we also carried copies of motor insurance certificate, driving licences and the cars log book or V5 also.

You will need to turn off speed camera detectors on your sat nav. Systems like Waze automatically adapt for this and you will see instead of saying speed camera it says police ahead. 

Headlight deflectors I thought were listed as 'handy' but not essential but if anyone knows more on this please let us know. If you can adjust your headlights manually I believe they are not required. Again spare bulks are recommended but not mandatory. 

If you are visiting a major city after the trip you may need a clean air sticker 'Crit Air vignette' displayed. These if needed can be purchased from the French government websites. 

Please be aware you can't take any meat, milk or diary products into France and most fruit, veg and salad are restricted also. 

Hope that helps! 

Lou 

• Platinum Member

Just remembered if anyone needs tree savers for the trip we do have a couple of Gear America ones in stock. 

Lou 

• Platinum Member

Dear all, 

@maxsaf @DanD93 @Boxerfan@Blackhawk ctc @Jeepinwithgeorgie @Bela @ajsjl @matt the sign @Wildjeeper62

Please could everyone let me know how many people will be in their jeep? 
Marquenterre have requested final numbers so they have the correct croissants, coffee and orange juice for us on arrival. 

There has also been a request from the Parque that we start the day 30 minutes later. I will update the timings. Apologies for the change. 

Mrs V (Lou) 

• Platinum Member

Hi Lou, I will be alone. I have sent all the paperwork to the park. See you soon 🙂

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
matt the sign
10 minutes ago, Volant165 said:

Dear all, 

@maxsaf @DanD93 @Boxerfan@Blackhawk ctc @Jeepinwithgeorgie @Bela @ajsjl @matt the sign @Wildjeeper62

Marquenterre have requested final numbers so they have the correct croissants, coffee and orange juice for us on arrival. 

There has also been a request from the Parque that we start the day 30 minutes later. I will update the timings. Apologies for the change. 

Mrs V (Lou) 

Two 

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, Bela said:

Hi Lou, I will be alone. I have sent all the paperwork to the park. See you soon 🙂

Let the fun begin! 

• Platinum Member
20 hours ago, Volant165 said:

Dear all, 

Mrs V (Lou) 

2 in mine please

• Platinum Member

Dear all, 

Please could everyone email me admin@jeepowners.club 

1. Your vehicle registration 

2. Names of participants in your vehicle 

3. Estimated arrived time at the camp site if applicable OR if you are planning on meeting directly at the parc on the Sunday. 

I will the reply to your email with my contact details in case you have any problems & need to reach me. 

Lou

• Like 1