Marquenterre Saturday 3rd June 2023 JOC SUMMER SERIES

Volant165

• Platinum Member

ON SALE NOW!

Hi All,

Mr & Mrs Volant did a reccie this summer and had so much fun that we are running a JOC event to Parque Marquenterre for some of the best scenic-sand-filled offroading fun we have ever had!

What is so awesome is that it's just 90 minutes drive from the channel tunnel and ferry crossings when you get to Calais.  Marquenterre is located right by Le Crotoy and not far from Le Touquet for additional fun. Paris is just a two hour drive as well from there too.

Recovery points are mandatory. Mud tyres are recommended, and at a minimum all-terrains as the site suggests we air down substantially to circa 16psi (depending on your tire/wheel combo)

Too kick off the JOC (pre) SUMMER SERIES we have 7 spaces available on Sunday the 4th of June 2023. The cost is 200 Euros per Jeep for the off roading. The JOC have already paid the club deposit.

It is recommended to arrive to the area on Saturday 3rd of June to settle in. Start time will be 9am SHARP on Sunday as they will lock the gates behind us.

We will reserve campsites nearby and try to get a reserved section that you can book. More info on the camping to follow.

Parque Marquenterre require Non-refundable deposits of 100 Euros (£88) which is due in order for you to get one of these spaces. As mentioned, the JOC have already paid this so:  First come first serve deposit tickets on sale in our forum shop.

Should you not be able to attend you will need to find someone to buy your ticket off of you. 

Please take a look before you book.....

Forum Info Marquenterre.pdf

Any questions post away or email to admin@jeepowners.club

• Like 2

• Platinum Member

NB *** DATE CHANGE***

Dear all, 

Due to a cancellation of another UK 4x4 group we have now moved our  booking by just one day to Sunday 4th of June. 

With that, we are now able to join dates with another UK 4x4 group headed up by John Morgan. 

John has been taking groups to Marquenterre for decades and we look forward to sitting around the camp fire with his group.

Mr & Mrs Volant 

• Platinum Member

I have read the rules and I am wondering how the organisers will interpret them when looking at some of our Jeeps.

I can imagine that an XJ Cherokee with a 2" lift on 30" tyres will probably pass OK as lightly modified, but I think my XJ on 35" tyres will fall in the prohibited 'heavily modified' category, particularly when parked next to an XJ closer to stock. This could also be applicable to a lot of modified Wranglers. It would be helpful to see pictures of vehicles that have been acceptable and of those that have been turned away.

• Platinum Member

F3F6A839-C128-4C95-A6CB-4512D73834EB.jpegHi V,

so they will ask for a pick of your rig. 

the group I went with last year, had a landy they sent in mud tyre photo and showed up on 37 swampers and they let him drive.

• 2 months later...
  • Platinum Member
On 13/01/2023 at 12:36, Bill Simpson said:

Hello,

Are there any slots still available for this trip?

Also can you send the pdf as it is unavailable

Thanks

Bill

HI Bill, 

Thanks for your message. 

Yes there are spaces available. 

Further details will be released in the next week or so.

Mrs Volant 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Was looking at booking this, but just noticed that the date changed to the Sunday, unfortunately I wouldn't be able to do this as I'd have to get back to Warwick by 6PM to have the kids in bed at a decent time for school on Monday! Shame the dates have changed, the kids would have loved this!

• Platinum Member

Hi Georgie, 

Yes there are spaces left on this event. 
Full details will hopefully be released next week.

All I can say is Jim & I did Marquenterre last year and it was absolutely amazing. One of my most favourite Jeep trips ever. 

Mrs V (Lou) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member
Jeepinwithgeorgie
7 hours ago, Stitch4x4 said:

When do we return to UK?

Regards

Bob

We haven't booked our travel yet but we're aiming to travel over early Saturday morning and leave Monday morning/ midday ish

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
10 hours ago, Stitch4x4 said:

When do we return to UK?

Regards

Bob

Dear Bob,

It's entirely your choice. Some left straight after the off-roading event last year although it was tight for them to get back to the tunnel/ ferry.

The majority departed the following day. I am just waiting for one final price of information to arrive and then all the details will be posted. I am hoping this will be in today. Thank you for your patience. 

Mrs v (Lou)

• Platinum Member

UPDATE:  Marquenterre Sunday 4th June 2023

Join us for our first international JOC event at the ‘Park Marquenterre’ an absolutely stunning national park that offers some of the best scenic sand filled off-roading fun & is just a 90 minute drive from the channel tunnel or ferry crossing at Calais.

Date: Sunday 4th June 2023

Event Spaces: 7-14

Schedule:

It is recommended you arrive in the area on Saturday 3rd of June to settle in.

Sunday 4th June 2023

Meet:  8am at Camping Trémières (details below)

Convoy Departure for 4x4 site: 8:30am

Arrival at Parque Marquenterre: 8:45am – gates close behind us at 9am sharp!

Briefing & light breakfast: 9:15am

Activities: Day of awesome guide led off-roading

Event finish: Approximatley 6:00pm

Tickets & Pricing

All members: 200 Euros (£177)

Non refundable deposit:100 Euros (£88) required to secure your spot

Full ticket balance (£89) due by 3rd May 2023.

If you are able to pay for your full ticket in full when initially booking our place that would be a great help to JOC admin.

Please visit the club shop to order your ticket

One ticket per vehicle required & you must be a member of the club (easy to join).

First come first serve deposit tickets on sale in our forum shop.

Should you not be able to attend you will need to find someone to buy your ticket off of you. 

Participants

All drivers & vehicles must:

·        Abide by the local & national traffic laws.

·        Hold a valid driving licence, vehicle insurance & civil liability insurance.

·        Present vehicle registration documentation at registration.

·        Be open to a technical inspection of their vehicle as required.

Vehicle requirements

All participating Jeeps must have:

•  A safe seat & seatbelt or harness for each occupant.
  •  All terrain OR mud tires. NB extreme tires are forbidden.
  • Uncovered vehicles must be equipped with a roll bar.

Vehicle recommendations

• ·        Front & rear recovery points.

Please be aware

Participants must respect the site’s natural character and make all efforts to preserve it. You must follow the routes & instructions indicated by the guide & not leave the tracks.

If you no longer see the group, please stop & wait for the guide to come back & look for you!

The Domaine du Marquenterre reserves the right to refuse entry to the site to any vehicle that does not comply with its regulations.

It is strictly forbidden to stay around vehicles while using a winch or strap for safety reasons. & it is mandatory to protect the trees when they are used as anchor points.

Participants must avoid excessive engine noise or unauthorised use of horns.

Meeting Point

Espace Vert des Trémières

18 Rte de Forest-Montiers

80120 Saint-Quentin-en-Tourmont

France

Phone: +33 3 22 25 74 27

Day time Facilities

A light breakfast of a croissant, coffee & orange juice will be served on arrival at Parque Marquenterre.

Please bring you own food, drinks & snacks for the remainder of day. There is a sheltered picnic area where we will stop for lunch for an hour. Please note that alcohol is prohibited.

Bathrooms are available at check in.

Pets

Are allowed but must be kept on a lead as soon as they exit the vehicle.

Petrol

Most local garages are closed on Sundays therefore it is recommended you fill up on Saturday!

The nearest garage for petrol/ diesel is Carrefour and is located just up the road in the town of Rue. There is also a small supermarket opposite the gas station where you can stock up on goodies. 

Accommodation

Camping is available at:

Espace Vert des Trémières

18 Rte de Forest-Montiers, 80120 Saint-Quentin-en-Tourmont, France

Phone: +33 3 22 25 74 27

Please let us know if you’d like to camp as our aim is to try to get a reserved section that you can book. More info on the camping to follow.

Local hotel accommodation options includes:

Logis Auberge De La Dune

1352 Rue de la Dune, 80550 Le Crotoy, France

Phone: +33 3 22 25 01 88

The Cauldron

5 Rue de la Barrière, 80120 Rue, France

Phone: +33 3 22 25 00 66

Team/ Leaders:

Mrs V (Lou)

John Morgan

Mr & Mrs Volant did a recce to Park Marquenterre last year & it was a truly an amazing, fun-filled day! One of the best off roading sites we had ever been to!

Look forward to seeing you all soon!

Mrs V & Team JOC

IMG_4401.JPG

IMG_9919.jpg

IMG_9964.jpg

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
Jeepinwithgeorgie

Brilliant! We can't wait. We are aiming to camp and that'll be 3 definite and 1 hopefully booking on that'll camp too.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Can't make this one, but it sounds like a fantastic trip.  I am sure everyone who goes will have a brilliant time!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Platinum Member

Hi There, thank you for the great event yesterday!

We would like to join in the Marquenterre event with 1 Jeep and 3 people (two adults and a child 16).

Best wishes,

Bela

• Platinum Member

Hi Bela,

Awesome. So pleased you'll be joining us. It's a super course! 

Tickets are available for purchase on the forum. Just let me know if you have any questions. 

Mrs V (Lou) 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
Wildjeeper62

I am very tempted to go but I am worried to be refused entry due to my 37in tyres. 

So I wrote an Email in the language of the Natives to ask them if they will let me in.

I will let you know the outcome ASA I get their reply.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Let me ask someone who goes every year also and see if they know the answer. Leave it with me. 

Fingers crossed! 🤞

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
Wildjeeper62
On 03/04/2023 at 19:00, Volant165 said:

Let me ask someone who goes every year also and see if they know the answer. Leave it with me. 

Fingers crossed! 🤞

Thank you Lou. I am still waiting for their reply.

• Platinum Member

Hi Lou, I hope you are well. I would like to join the camping group. Is there anything I need to do in that regard?

Do you know what the best way to cross the channel these days is?

Are you driving back Sun evening or staying for one more night?

Thank you and best wishes,

Bela