Aldermaston 6th November 2022

Volant165

• Platinum Member
1 minute ago, UKTJ said:

Removing a door handle sounds like an impressive effort!

Haha the tree won! Haha didnt realise trees were so tough 😅 

20221001_143950.jpg

20221001_143959.jpg

• Haha 1

• Platinum Member
8 hours ago, Njs88 said:

Haha the tree won! Haha didnt realise trees were so tough 😅 

20221001_143950.jpg

20221001_143959.jpg

Plenty of trees at Aldermaston 😆

• Platinum Member
11 minutes ago, Tom3Warren said:

Can we bring 2x jeeps or do I need to buy a separate membership for my better half?

I'm guessing that you'd have to do separate membership and pay twice...

I did in the past.  It may have changed now though

• Platinum Member
23 minutes ago, Tom3Warren said:

Can we bring 2x jeeps or do I need to buy a separate membership for my better half?

Hi Tom, just buy a second ticket I can ping you a PayPal invoice or something. Will DM you

• Platinum Member
On 23/09/2022 at 09:31, HussaR said:

Could I possibly join someone as a passenger? Happy to pay for your tickets / contribute fuel?

IF my passenger pulls out, I am often on my own and welcome passengers. Seat belt advised and free sick bag.

Why don't you come along in your Jeep? I'm sure someone will give you a ride as well.

• Like 4

• Platinum Member
53 minutes ago, digger said:

IF my passenger pulls out, I am often on my own and welcome passengers. Seat belt advised and free sick bag.

Why don't you come along in your Jeep? I'm sure someone will give you a ride as well.

You cannot go wrong  accepting a ride in with @digger. Youll have a great time and will defo learn something..

If i was coming you could tag along with me but alas not here. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, digger said:

Another recommendation for @diggerhe is extremely knowledgable, experienced and generous with his time.  I would offer, but think I have my father-in-law in the passenger seat for Aldermaston.

Edited by UKTJ
  • Like 1

• Platinum Member

Many thanks for the comments . 

Much appreciated but there are lots of folk who know a lot more than me in JOC , who are also very helpful and who have helped me. That's the thing, with all sorts of interests/things, people have helped me get wherever, so I feel the least I can do is give something  back. Besides its fun!

• Like 3

• Platinum Member
eastbournesmiths

Looking forward to finally being able to make a JOC event in the 10th Anniversary year and seeing all the Jeeps in action

• Like 2

Hi all,

Anyone coming to the event and needing fuel, Costco Reading has just opened a filling station, you need to be a member. Costco Reading is near J11 of the M4, leave the M4 and head towards the football stadium.

A160F1BB-52AA-41F5-BD74-96F4E91002A4.jpeg

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
eastbournesmiths

Sadly I am now unable to attend due a fractured ankle. Completely gutted as was so looking forward to getting off road again especially missing Slindon in April.

Please put my entry fee in to the club funds and I hope to be able to get the wheels muddy again in 2023

20221018_200550.jpg

• Sad 5

On 26/10/2022 at 19:35, eastbournesmiths said:

Sadly I am now unable to attend due a fractured ankle. Completely gutted as was so looking forward to getting off road again especially missing Slindon in April.

Please put my entry fee in to the club funds and I hope to be able to get the wheels muddy again in 2023

20221018_200550.jpg

Hopefully you'll have a speedy recovery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Member
Black_box_jeep
On 26/10/2022 at 19:35, eastbournesmiths said:

20221018_200550.jpg

P

heal quick! 

On 17/10/2022 at 18:30, neal said:

Hi all,

Anyone coming to the event and needing fuel, Costco Reading has just opened a filling station, you need to be a member. Costco Reading is near J11 of the M4, leave the M4 and head towards the football stadium.

A160F1BB-52AA-41F5-BD74-96F4E91002A4.jpeg

It may be finished by 6th November, but at the moment there is work ongoing on the road that approaches CostCo in Reading.  The petrol station is very popular (no surprise with prices up to 20p per litre less than other local petrol stations)  Net result is that when I went yesterday the queue to get into CostCo was backing up onto the A33, so if you are going there leave a reasonable amount of time.

IIRC price for std petrol yesterday was 153.9p and diesel 172.9p.  There is only a pay at pump option, no kiosk, though there was an employee there to help out if you had trouble scanning your membership card to unlock the pump.  You have to pre-authorise a payment card, if you are low on fuel and need a lot the card you use has an impact, as my Amex only lets me take max £99 but the max for my Mastercard debit card is £120.  If you need more than £100 to fill up best to pay with something other than Amex I guess.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, digger said:

Hi UKTJ, I don't use AMEX. Why? Ask me on the 6th!

I definitely will.

I use Amex for one reason.  Mine is the BA version and my expenditure drips a few miles here and there onto my BA Avios account.  Not a meaningful amount, but that activity on my Avios account is important; I do not travel on business any more but still have a healthy number of miles in my account from the times when I travelled a lot, which I plan to use when I stop working.  If I don't have some activity on my account I will lose the miles.