Jump to content

New Gloucester Jeep Owner


Big Jim

Recommended Posts

  • Platinum Member

Hi all,

My Daughter has just brought a 1997 Jeep Wrangler, and as a family car dad, I dont know a lot about them yet.

Is there anyone in the gloucester area that I could speak to who could help me ( and her) identity and potential problems " does and donts's" to start us off.

 

Thanks Big Jim

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member

Hi Big Jim

I hope you do not mind but I have created a new topic from you post as you and your daughter will get get a lot of information this way.

We have two off-road events down your way in the next couple of months and if your daughter can attend I am certain that she will enjoy it, get to meet like minded owners, try some off-roading in a safe environment and have fun driving her Wrangler.

If she lets you drive her TJ (Wrangler), I think that you will give up your family 'dad' car and want a Jeep.

We have an event at Whitecliff Quarry, Colford, which would be a great introduction to driving off-road and introduction to your daughters Jeep.


And in November we have an event at Aldermaston. More details to follow over the next couple of days.

Welcome to the club.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member
1 hour ago, Big Jim said:

Hi all,

My Daughter has just brought a 1997 Jeep Wrangler, and as a family car dad, I dont know a lot about them yet.

Is there anyone in the gloucester area that I could speak to who could help me ( and her) identity and potential problems " does and donts's" to start us off.

 

Thanks Big Jim

I think @digger is down towards your way.  He has a YJ (Wrangler before the TJ), but is generally very Jeep savvy.

 

Get a picture of two of the TJ up and any initial questions, sure you will get lots of useful input.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member

Hi Big Jim,

Welcome aboard to our club. Jim C. is right plenty of help on here.

Yep,  I'm around  Gloucester. Dunno about Jeep Savvy!!  Thanks for the confidence T😄, there's a lot more knowledgeable folk  than me on here.   I've had Jeeps over the last 30yrs. I have two at the mo an early Wrangler YJ ' and a Grand Cherokee! 

If you would like to come and have a chat some time you would be welcome,  although I'm off to ''Belgium Jeepers days'' soon. 

 

''Whitecliff''  is a gr8 idea if you can make it. Book soon though it is a limited numbers site. I plan to be there . Its a nice easy site that is used for training and close to Gloucester in the Forest plus you will get to meet some of our members.

 

Edited by digger
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member

Good morning Digger....

Yes I would very much like to meet up with you for a chat. I live in Quedgeley so if you are able to find some time I would be grateful.

My email address is anderson_nathan@sky.com if you are able to exchange details.

 

Kind regards Big Jim

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member
11 hours ago, Big Jim said:

Good morning Digger....

Yes I would very much like to meet up with you for a chat. I live in Quedgeley so if you are able to find some time I would be grateful.

My email address is anderson_nathan@sky.com if you are able to exchange details.

 

Kind regards Big Jim

You lucked out Big Jim, by being close to @digger, he is a first class chap, knowledgable and very generous with his time.  I am sure he will be a huge help.

 

But it would be great if you could come along to the event @JimC highlighted.  You'll have a great deal of fun and have the chance to talk to a lot of other Jeep fans.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m close to you too 👍 only over in stroud …run a tj for 17 years 

I’m also running Whitecliff quarry event a really good site for newbies to learn about there jeep & it’s Capabilities 

one of you pm me when your meeting up & where and I will see if I can make it 

 

john 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member

Hi John, you would be most welcome . 😃  However it may be a bit of a waste of time for you on this occasion. I've had a chat to BJ. I've explained to him that I'm really busy right now, I have visitors coming at the weekend (including my Belgium Passenger)  and I'm in the run up to Belgium as well. As a result BJ and his daughter are popping in for an hour on Sat am before she has to go off to work. I thought that we could meet up properly after my return (happy to let you know) and of course if they are able to come to your event at 'Whitecliff ' we can chat then too. Over to you.

Oh, thanks for the heads up T, I'll help them if can and do my best to encourage them to come along on the 1st Oct.

👍

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member
On 07/09/2022 at 08:32, digger said:

Hi Big Jim,

Welcome aboard to our club. Jim C. is right plenty of help on here.

Yep,  I'm around  Gloucester. Dunno about Jeep Savvy!!  Thanks for the confidence T😄, there's a lot more knowledgeable folk  than me on here.   I've had Jeeps over the last 30yrs. I have two at the mo an early Wrangler YJ ' and a Grand Cherokee! 

If you would like to come and have a chat some time you would be welcome,  although I'm off to ''Belgium Jeepers days'' soon. 

 

''Whitecliff''  is a gr8 idea if you can make it. Book soon though it is a limited numbers site. I plan to be there . Its a nice easy site that is used for training and close to Gloucester in the Forest plus you will get to meet some of our members.

 

hI John

I meet up with Digger today, he was most helpful and made us feel totally welcome and all silly questions answered.

I am in the process of booking tickets for Whitecliff now, so hopefully I can meet up with you then

Regards Big Jim

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member
11 hours ago, Big Jim said:

hI John

I meet up with Digger today, he was most helpful and made us feel totally welcome and all silly questions answered.

I am in the process of booking tickets for Whitecliff now, so hopefully I can meet up with you then

Regards Big Jim

As another TJ owner, looking forward to seeing you at Whitecliff!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

guidelines