Hello from northwest

Stevo2

• Platinum Member

20220830_173429.thumb.jpg.5cad04358906a76f3a047d848780c144.jpgHi I'm Stephen from Lancashire this is my cj5 I'm trying to register with DVLA but I've not got original Doc's I have photos of them but there not acceptable by DVLA. And now there asking for proof of year any ideas how to move forward as I can't wait to get her on the road thanks

• Like 2

• Platinum Member

Year of manufacture will be part of the VIN, not sure exactly where it is on a CJ5 but probably a stamped plate on the bulkhead. If you can get the VIN you can decode it to give you year and place of manufacture, vehicle and engine type and original colour etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Member
1 minute ago, TimC said:

Year of manufacture will be part of the VIN, not sure exactly where it is on a CJ5 but probably a stamped plate on the bulkhead. If you can get the VIN you can decode it to give you year and place of manufacture, vehicle and engine type and original colour etc.

Great idea
A quick google search has returned this - https://palmbeachcustoms.com/decoding-jeep-cj-vin-numbers-1971-1986/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Member
Overlander21
3 hours ago, Stevo2 said:

I'm Stephen from Lancashire

Lancs is a big place 🙂  Where are you based?

Hi from Wigan 👋

• Platinum Member

Lol I'm in Burnley the problem I have is I know it's a 1974 but DVLA need verification from manufacturer or a club to verify 

• Platinum Member

This problem comes up again and again and I am wondering if there is some way that Jeep Owners Club could 'officially' provide the required verification for DVLA by introducing a new club service Eg.

• Club having a list of members that have a level of expertise that can do an inspection for age verification.
  • A documented inspection process looking for key facts to determine vehicle age.
  • Producing a report of findings
  • Some basic endorsement from Jeep/FCA that the inspector has followed a written process that they approve of.
  • A fee that covers the expenses of the member doing the inspection.
  • JOC listed in the government's V765/1 document.
  • Like 1