Whitecliff Quarry Colford Gloucestshire 2022 Edition

Volant165

• Platinum Member
17 hours ago, CandsEvo7 said:

**. ADVANCED WARNING **. 

for those traveling from Southern England the old Severn bridge (M48)  is closed this weekend for maintenance work, this would mean using the new bridge (M4) , exiting the m4 at Magor services and coming back down the M4 the other way for a mile then onto the M48 to exit at Chepstow , it will add around 15mins to your journey .

( we live right by the old bridge 😞 ) 

@CandsEvo7 Kettle on?

• Haha 1

• Platinum Member
13 hours ago, Volant165 said:

Hi everyone,

Timings for tomorrow:

9:30am check in

10am briefing 

4:30 site closes

Hopefully get there for 10, but might be a bit late as have to pick up some parts first. I know the site and Dave and Geraldine well and I attended the last event at Whitecliff 

• Like 2

What a great day, thanks to John, Jim and anyone else from the JOC involved in organising!  Great to see some old friends and get to speak to lots of new people, as ever what a fantastic bunch of people!

A special thanks to @digger for letting me tag along and pushing me to do a few things I probably wouldn’t have tried on my own.

Edited by UKTJ
Typo
  • Like 5

• Platinum Member
Steve and the Morrigan

Wonderful day - thank you JOC and everyone - learned laughed and pushed some new things - such a great day!! Great meeting new people as always and sharing stories, catching up and all those good vibes 😎 🙏🙏🙏

• Like 7

• Platinum Member
18 minutes ago, Njs88 said:

Wicked day for my first off road experience! Thanks for organising:) 

Excellent! Next up Aldermaston 

• Like 5

• Platinum Member

Thanks all for a great trip to Whitecliffs 4X4, I had a great day and I'll be back again.

Hopefully next time in my own Jeep!!

I've put together a small video from what I captured from the day.

• Like 10

Great video!  I didn't notice you filming, but pleased you caught me getting through the muddy stuff at the end.  It is really interesting as you can actually see the point at which both Jeeps that went through hit the soft mud under what was actually pretty shallow water (exactly as @jerryg identified) and started to bog down.

Lovely to meet you and yes, would be great to see you in your own Jeep next time.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

GR8 Video Muddy !

Sorry folks, I forgot my camera this time!   I'm listening for the applause!  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, UKTJ said:

Great video!  I didn't notice you filming, but pleased you caught me getting through the muddy stuff at the end.  It is really interesting as you can actually see the point at which both Jeeps that went through hit the soft mud under what was actually pretty shallow water (exactly as @jerryg identified) and started to bog down.

Lovely to meet you and yes, would be great to see you in your own Jeep next time.

Yep we were in the black Jeep OKH. It helped I had seen you go through so knew to keep the momentum going through the hole. 

• Like 4

• Platinum Member

Great pics and vids.

For those not able to attend, the owner of the site during his briefing pointed out that the JOC is the only club that he allows to hire his site! Just another great endorsement.

Whitecliff has been a regular on our calendar and many thanks to area rep John for his help spearheading this each year.

a few pics Lou's first time driving Whitecliff.  

A3C757EE-9A56-4B43-87C0-EE4B6D995A7C.jpegD12213E7-AA9D-4FB5-8C47-4C839267DE56.jpeg12691C70-D961-4171-B8E3-F16CEDD04081.jpeg864F2006-F8CC-4D3F-8D03-CAEC4CE782E9.jpeg

• Like 6

• Platinum Member

Looks like a missed another great day.. I had double booked, entirely my fault and in the end the 2hr travel to and then back to GL lost out..

Next time

• Sad 1

• Platinum Member

Likewise missed a great event 🙈, two years on the trot 🙈🙈 must do better next year, looks a great day. 

• Like 2

• Platinum Member

I’ve made a short video of the great day we had. Thanks for continuing to put these events on!

• Like 10

• 3 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Awesome day out , its a great little site due to my JK breaking down I didn't get about site as much as I would have liked and many of the other jeeps didn't seem to be that adventurous while I was around  so mostly my pics are of wranglers 😞 

DS1_7053.jpg

DS1_7061.jpg

DS1_7062.jpg

DS1_7071.jpg

DS1_7072.jpg

DS1_7077.jpg

DS1_7088.jpg

DS1_7089.jpg

DS1_7093.jpg

DS1_7097.jpg

DS1_7098.jpg

DS1_7099.jpg