Tazer being overridden by Jeep software?

Volant165

• Platinum Member

Anyone out there using Tazer? 

I have used it to set my tyre sizes to my new larger tyres. 

The tyre size chosen is correct. The size is saved. I reboot the system. I go for a test drive and the speedo is spot on.

A day or two later, the speedo is back to being off. The actual speed goes back to not matching?!?

I have tried four times for over a month and no joy. 

Anyone else compared their speedo after adjusting on tazer woth sat nave type gos? I use Waze.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Er. sorry mate I can't help with this one. Mine's complicated too, I had to change a little cog to a yellow one . It took a few minutes, mind you, but fine as long as one is not colour blind and has a tiny bit of dexterity! LOL. 🤪

Good to hear from you Jim, good luck with your problem. Look forward to seeing you at camp!

• Like 2

• Platinum Member

As with lots of things that rely on software, there may be a firmware update for the Tazer that already fixes the issue. The February update mentions major stability fixes and BCM read/write reliability enhancements.

I'm using tazer and there were no issues. Last week removed it for dealer visit for servising and can't unplug the sockets to re-install now. While tazer installed I've checked the speed using various apps there was no issues. After I removed tazer I checked with apps again no issues as well except the radar stuff on the road. For 20 mph speed limit I needed to drive 19 mph. Therefore, I can't sure the settings for tire size still there or not in Jeep's computer. If i managed to remove those sockets and re-plug tazer I'll check again. 🙂 

• Platinum Member
3 hours ago, Deniz said:

I'm using tazer and there were no issues. Last week removed it for dealer visit for servising and can't unplug the sockets to re-install now. While tazer installed I've checked the speed using various apps there was no issues. After I removed tazer I checked with apps again no issues as well except the radar stuff on the road. For 20 mph speed limit I needed to drive 19 mph. Therefore, I can't sure the settings for tire size still there or not in Jeep's computer. If i managed to remove those sockets and re-plug tazer I'll check again. 🙂 

Mine is the opposite. Speedo reads higher than actual speed resulting in more miles on odometer than driven. At least it then lies about my fuel economy😝

• Haha 1

• Platinum Member
4 hours ago, V said:

As with lots of things that rely on software, there may be a firmware update for the Tazer that already fixes the issue. The February update mentions major stability fixes and BCM read/write reliability enhancements.

Yeah looks like I am a few firmware updates behind. Will try that. Just wish I was not on a 1500 mile road trip 🤮

• Platinum Member
Overlander21

I've got a Tazer Mini and a front parking camera in my Wishlist on Quadratrec (struggling to find any UK suppliers that actually carry stock of any Wrangler goodies without it being a "special order" 🙄).

I swapped from factory 18" wheels and road-going tyres (Overland) to 17" wheels with BF-Gs (Rubicon) today so my Tazer purchase is probably a higher priority now so this topic caught my eye.

Reading the docs in advance (like you do), I see some settings only remain in place while the Tazer is connected.  But why would you ever disconnect it? 🤔 🤷‍♂️  Do you need to remove the Tazer if heading in to a dealership for a service so they can plug their equipment in?

I'd be interested to know if the wheel size setting sticks after the firmware update @Volant165

2 hours ago, Overlander21 said:

I've got a Tazer Mini and a front parking camera in my Wishlist on Quadratrec (struggling to find any UK suppliers that actually carry stock of any Wrangler goodies without it being a "special order" 🙄).

I swapped from factory 18" wheels and road-going tyres (Overland) to 17" wheels with BF-Gs (Rubicon) today so my Tazer purchase is probably a higher priority now so this topic caught my eye.

Reading the docs in advance (like you do), I see some settings only remain in place while the Tazer is connected.  But why would you ever disconnect it? 🤔 🤷‍♂️  Do you need to remove the Tazer if heading in to a dealership for a service so they can plug their equipment in?

I'd be interested to know if the wheel size setting sticks after the firmware update @Volant165

Removing Tazer for dealer visit is recommended in Tazer manuel and I read a topic in Wrangler JL forum as well a guy went to dealer with Tazer installed and while they were updating the software I reckon, Jeep locked itself somehow. So I thought better remove then be sorry later 🙂 but didn't realize that is extremely tight space there. 

5 hours ago, Volant165 said:

Yeah looks like I am a few firmware updates behind. Will try that. Just wish I was not on a 1500 mile road trip 🤮

I have 35" BFG all terrains and with Tazer tire size is selected as 33.96" if that helps.