I cannot make my mind up if I like these mods, but they make a WJ/WG look different......

JimC

• VIP Member

Saw this on a well known auction site -
Not sure how they got around the front passenger airbag and MOT

image.png

image.png

Used to be the front passenger airbag.....????
image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 1

spookie the aardvark
11 minutes ago, Caroline12 said:

Different, a labour of love I think 🤔 

you like it @spookie the aardvark

I like it, totally different WG/WJ 👍👍👍 watching this on the auction site to see how it does, think it's a diesel 👍👍👍

• Like 1

• VIP Member
  • VIP Member

Rear tailgate window picture - Must have been taken before they re-sprayed it in raptor paint.
Glad to see that the front passenger will be saved from going through the windscreen by a fire extinguisher.............. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JimC said:

Just noticed a lack of front indicators

They could be in the lower half of the new headlamp bezel. It looks like it could be smoke tint plastic.

1 hour ago, JimC said:

Not sure how they got around the front passenger airbag and MOT

MOT only tests the airbag warning lamp, they don't check to see if airbags are fitted or if they work. I am thinking of having mine removed and installing a fake airbag lamp circuit. I am fairly certain that XJ Cherokees had Tanaka airbags but they never got recalled. I have not looked into it in great detail yet.

49 minutes ago, JimC said:

Glad to see that the front passenger will be saved from going through the windscreen by a fire extinguisher

That is a shockingly bad location for a fire extinguisher.

I like the headlamps. I have seen similar round light conversions done on XJs. I don't like the rear window tool box. Having a spare tyre carrier obscure my vision for reversing is bad enough. I guess if you have bikes strapped on the back with other stuff you are not going to see much out of the rear window anyway.

It's an interesting Jeep.

• Like 2

• VIP Member
8 hours ago, V said:

That is a shockingly bad location for a fire extinguisher.

I like the headlamps. I have seen similar round light conversions done on XJs. I don't like the rear window tool box. Having a spare tyre carrier obscure my vision for reversing is bad enough. I guess if you have bikes strapped on the back with other stuff you are not going to see much out of the rear window anyway.

It's an interesting Jeep.

They’ve probably got a rear camera fitted along with what looks like an upgraded head unit. You don’t need to bother with a rear window then. I had a drive in a new Defender last weekend. It has cameras everywhere! It has a rear view mirror but you can switch it so that it displays the rear camera, it’s weird as if you can see out the back but you can’t see the passengers in the rear seats. The whole camera display system is a total distraction from actually driving, not an assistance at all. It’s one of those “because we can” things 🤨

• Like 2