Jump to content

Wales laning and camping , 11-13 July


TimC

Recommended Posts

  • Platinum Member

Evening all.

 

There’s a small group of mostly Jeeps, mostly JOC, couple of Land Rovers and the occasional Suzuki, that I go laning with and we usually have a summer bash in Mid Wales. Some good lanes, camping and a few beers and chat round the fire, you know the drill. 
 

This year is no different except that for a variety of reasons, ill health, vehicle ill health, can’t get holiday and just can’t get their act together we find ourselves a tad undersubscribed for this trip. We have a couple of free spaces, so I thought I’d ask if anyone fancies coming along. 
 

We’ll be doing Horseshoe Lane, a group of lanes around Brechfa Forest, a group around Devils Bridge and, of course Strata Florida and Lynne Brianne. There is a fair bit of tarmac driving between these over the 3 days. 
 

Camping is in a farmers field miles from anywhere, we should get a portaloo and a stand pipe but no showers or other amenities and no phone signal, it is an amazing spot though.

if anyone fancies this sort of thing and can make the dates let me know and I’ll fill you in with all the details

8305A302-95A6-40DF-BF09-C428BBB1C7AA.jpeg

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member

I would love to go, but there's not much chance I can juggle my calendar to get those days free. I hope you have a great time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member
12 minutes ago, V said:

I would love to go, but there's not much chance I can juggle my calendar to get those days free. I hope you have a great time.


Ah, that’s a pity Vince, James and I were hoping you might be able to make it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member
Caroline12
1 hour ago, TimC said:

Evening all.

 

There’s a small group of mostly Jeeps, mostly JOC, couple of Land Rovers and the occasional Suzuki, that I go laning with and we usually have a summer bash in Mid Wales. Some good lanes, camping and a few beers and chat round the fire, you know the drill. 
 

This year is no different except that for a variety of reasons, ill health, vehicle ill health, can’t get holiday and just can’t get their act together we find ourselves a tad undersubscribed for this trip. We have a couple of free spaces, so I thought I’d ask if anyone fancies coming along. 
 

We’ll be doing Horseshoe Lane, a group of lanes around Brechfa Forest, a group around Devils Bridge and, of course Strata Florida and Lynne Brianne. There is a fair bit of tarmac driving between these over the 3 days. 
 

Camping is in a farmers field miles from anywhere, we should get a portaloo and a stand pipe but no showers or other amenities and no phone signal, it is an amazing spot though.

if anyone fancies this sort of thing and can make the dates let me know and I’ll fill you in with all the details

8305A302-95A6-40DF-BF09-C428BBB1C7AA.jpeg

Is this the trip for the battery box ? 😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member

Would have been great to join you Tim, unfortunately I am still battling the busted knee. Just keeping fingers crossed will be fit enough come Summer Camp. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member
8 hours ago, Caroline12 said:

Is this the trip for the battery box ? 😊


Battery box will defo be used on this trip. We might have some cold beers for once 😁👍

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member

Hi Tim, I'd come but I'm sorry I can't this time these dates are full. I usually can't do things at short notice although I did manage 'Jeeps in the Jungle' (Good, shame you couldn't make it) so its always worth a try.

How's James and his Disco.

Enjoy yourselves!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member

Sounds great, really want to do those Welsh lanes.  Sadly work won't allow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member
1 hour ago, digger said:

Hi Tim, I'd come but I'm sorry I can't this time these dates are full. I usually can't do things at short notice although I did manage 'Jeeps in the Jungle' (Good, shame you couldn't make it) so its always worth a try.

How's James and his Disco.

Enjoy yourselves!


Yeah, sorry short notice, and midweek , I know. Trip has been planned since the beginning of the year, it’s last minute drop outs so thought someone else might be interested. 
 

Pity about the MJUK event, looked a good one, good to see you in the pics 😁.I still haven’t fitted my front prop shaft. BM didn’t leave enough clearance for the bolts to the diff. To give them credit though, it’s as I always say: mistakes are inevitable, what matters is what you do afterwards to put it right. Great customer service from BM, an apology, bring it back in and we’ll sort it, no quibbles, They pushed it through and I collected the ‘tweaked’ shaft yesterday.

 

The D3 is still off the road I think, more computer problems with the suspension. He now has highly modified Bob tail D1 as well, looks a monster! I will see what it’s like on this trip.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member
10 hours ago, Mike WK2 said:

Would have been great to join you Tim, unfortunately I am still battling the busted knee. Just keeping fingers crossed will be fit enough come Summer Camp. 


No worries, hope the knee is back to fitness for Summer Camp 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member
29 minutes ago, UKTJ said:

Sounds great, really want to do those Welsh lanes.  Sadly work won't allow.

Thanks for the interest. Short notice and midweek isn’t going to be easy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member
17 minutes ago, digger said:

Actually I much prefer mid week and I hate Bank Holiday traffic!


That’s why it’s these dates Phil, mid week and before the schools break up for summer. Usually nice and quiet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member
Wildjeeper62

Hi Tim,

 

We would have loved to join you but we are going off roading in France for a week from 12th to 19th July.

 

We wish you loads of fun.

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member
Wildjeeper62

Thanks Tim,

 

My jeep looks a bit different now with half doors.

 

It is supposed to be really sunny where we are going so I will probably removed the complete roof.

20220626_120733.jpg

20220626_120753.jpg

20220705_212342.jpg

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • Platinum Member

Evening all. So, an update to this thread…….

 

This little laning trip did not go ahead as planned as I had COVID. We have rearranged it for the 7th - 10th September which was actually better as it meant everyone could go. However, due to unexpected work issues we have had one drop out so there’s a place available for anybody who fancies joining the three remaining of us on this trip.

 

We’ll be camping at a couple of beautiful but basic spots near Llandovery and probably sticking around that area for the lanes: Strata Florida, Devils Bridge, Brechfa etc. I doubt we’ll be headed up to Machynlleth this time for Bastard Lane. CB is strongly recommended. First come first served if anybody is interested.

Cheers, Tim.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member

I would love to come and I will be in Wales that week, but Mum is having surgery and I want to spend some time with her before she goes into quarantine. I hope you have a great time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member
Just now, V said:

I would love to come and I will be in Wales that week, but Mum is having surgery and I want to spend some time with her before she goes into quarantine. I hope you have a great time.


Vince, no problem. If you have a bit of spare time next week and you fancy just doing a day or meeting up if you’re around give me a call.  Cheers.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member

Last call for this trip, which is now , rescheduled again, to this Sunday to Tuesday (11th- 13th) Room for one more if anybody fancies it at short notice. 
Cheers

Tim

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Tim, for some reason I cannot view any of these photos or the video clip. I just see links to jpeg filenames and a movie clip with an unsupported MIME type. I hope you had a good time. Will try another browser later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member
52 minutes ago, V said:

Tim, for some reason I cannot view any of these photos or the video clip. I just see links to jpeg filenames and a movie clip with an unsupported MIME type. I hope you had a good time. Will try another browser later.

Same for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

guidelines