Miku the JL

Raakhee

• Platinum Member

Well, after what seemed like an eternity but in reality it was 4 months from tag to delivery, I've finally got my Rubicon today. Introducing Miku (named after Hatsune Miku, Anime character from Vocaloid). Hydro Blue Pearl, 2 door, 2L petrol engine. Let's say adjusting to a petrol engine took a hot minute. The turbo is awesome. Guess who was belting down the motorway 😁

Took 4 attempts to park today (should have just run over my neighbours car 🤪) Still getting used to the height (need to find a graceful way to get in and out), need to remember it's wider as well. 

Overall, I'm beyond excited 🤩. It's a childhood dream finally realised. 

Thank you again @Volant165 for all your help.

Been a busy day so have a few photos, more to come from this Saturday's planned trip out.

20220629_095512(0).jpg

20220629_095422.jpg

20220629_104455.jpg

20220629_104856.jpg

Edited by Raakhee
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Member
Wildjeeper62

Congratulations to you Raakhee !!

I am so happy for you, It really looks Superb in that blue.

I wish you loads of fun with it ! 😃😃

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
16 minutes ago, Rob R said:

I might be a bit biased, but blue is the best for a Wrangler 🙂  Enjoy!

Of course Blue is the best colour 😉

• Haha 1

• Platinum Member

I think it is cool that you can drive a brand new Jeep out of a dealership on mud terrain tyres.

Wishing you many years of fun to come.

• Like 3

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, V said:

I think it is cool that you can drive a brand new Jeep out of a dealership on mud terrain tyres.

Wishing you many years of fun to come.

I'm driving it to Salisbury Plains this Saturday for a long overdue Bacon Baps off roading trip with @spookie the aardvark, @MGomes and @Caroline12

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member
Overlander21

Belated congrats @Raakhee 👏

And you're right too, blue is by far the best colour 🥳

How's your first week of ownership been?

I've had mine eight months or so now and confirm there is no graceful entry method. Getting out is easy, just slide.  Getting in though... I just go head first and hope for the best, that seems to work 😄

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
10 hours ago, Overlander21 said:

Belated congrats @Raakhee 👏

And you're right too, blue is by far the best colour 🥳

How's your first week of ownership been?

I've had mine eight months or so now and confirm there is no graceful entry method. Getting out is easy, just slide.  Getting in though... I just go head first and hope for the best, that seems to work 😄

Getting is kinda left foot in and push off with right foot and pull yourself in with the grab handle. Getting out is getting better. None of these moves is graceful 😆.

1 week of ownership has been great. Everyone in my road is drooling over Miku. We've out to Salisbury Plains last Saturday. So that's 3 days from the showroom to off road. Some kind of new record there 😁

No physical manual as there seems to be a shortage of printed copies. Dealership said they have ordered but they closed the day after I collected. Jeep CS did a follow up call this week and was more than happy to facilitate a copy along with the Jeep Wave docs to me. 

Diamondbrite was still curing so Miku got her tyres and trim only washed after last Saturday. Tomorrow I'll do a full valet. 

Here are some photos from last Saturday. 

Ps, the half tank of fuel I put in was all used up so back to half again 😄

Don't matter, I'm loving my tank 🥰

20220702_115035-01.jpeg

20220702_120722-02.jpeg

20220702_120538-01-01.jpeg

20220702_120351-02.jpeg

20220702_120247-01.jpeg

20220702_115050-01.jpeg

IMG_8725.jpg

IMG_2363.jpg

IMG_2375.jpg

20220702_142949-02.jpeg

20220702_154757.jpg

20220702_143206.jpg

20220702_141109.jpg

20220702_175556.jpg

20220702_134033.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Member
5 minutes ago, Overlander21 said:

What's the first mod on the list then? 😄

First mod I would like to think was the personal plate 😆

I need mud guards, don't fancy kicking up stones onto my bodywork. 

Been out to Halfords today to get some stuff for Summer Camp but I think @Caroline12 did the first mod for me. She wired my dashcam 🙂

• Like 3

• Platinum Member

3 Days is pretty good going but not quite a record. @Jules picked up his JKU Recon and drove it straight from the showroom to off road at Aldermaston. I think it was a couple of hours. Impressive nonetheless 👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Member

That is a big change of a lot of things from a Renegade to a Wrangler. How does it compare over some of those SP tracks you’ve driven before?

Edited by TimC

• Platinum Member
27 minutes ago, TimC said:

That is a big change of a lot of things from a Renegade to a Wrangler. How does it compare over some of those SP tracks you’ve driven before?

At first I was very cautious. Had to get used to sitting up higher and being aware the Jeep is a bit wider. Got a bit more comfortable as we drove but so much more to learn. 

We went easy at Salisbury Plains. @Caroline12 even went as far as beating the branches out of my way so I would not get the Jeep scratched too soon. 

• Like 4

On 09/07/2022 at 21:17, Raakhee said:

20220702_115035-01.jpeg

On the US TJ specific forum I look at they have a photo of the month competition.  Maybe we should do something similar.  If we did I think this would be a contender!  Cracking picture.

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, UKTJ said:

On the US TJ specific forum I look at they have a photo of the month competition.  Maybe we should do something similar.  If we did I think this would be a contender!  Cracking picture.

It was an inspired moment. The clouds were beautiful as a dramatic background.

• Like 2