Jump to content

2022 Rubicon Insurance quotes required


Raakhee

Recommended Posts

  • Platinum Member

Not sure what went wrong with my call to A-Plan but apparently my Jeep cannot be insured as its worth too much and would require a Cat 5/6/7 tracker installed. They refused to quote the 4x4 insurance. They could only quote a normal, non green laning policy of £1,322.16 for a full year!!! Green lanes are recognised byways so not sure why they specifically called this out as not being covered.

 

Anyway, if someone from Adrian Flux can contact me to discuss insuring my 2022 Jeep Rubicon it would be greatly appreciated  @DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member
Jeepinwithgeorgie

Also worth checking NFU as I had the same problem with the price of the jeep last year and Adrian flux couldn't insure me as well as many others.. nfu were the only ones to cover me for all my modifications x

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Hi.

If you wanted to PM me your contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back if you wish.

Regards,

Dan.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member
1 hour ago, Jeepinwithgeorgie said:

Also worth checking NFU as I had the same problem with the price of the jeep last year and Adrian flux couldn't insure me as well as many others.. nfu were the only ones to cover me for all my modifications x

NFU think I'm too posh for them as I'm in Greater London 🙄

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member
38 minutes ago, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi.

If you wanted to PM me your contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back if you wish.

Regards,

Dan.

 

Just sent you a message

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
1 hour ago, Raakhee said:

NFU think I'm too posh for them as I'm in Greater London 🙄

I'm not too posh for NFU and I live in Portsmouth 😆😆😆

They even insured Aardvark the Hooligan (they don't know what they are letting themselves in for 😆😆😆) with all his mods and no restrictions for any 4x4 events. Not cheap but still less than half what your looking at having to pay😭😭😭😭

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member
9 hours ago, spookie the aardvark said:

I'm not too posh for NFU and I live in Portsmouth 😆😆😆

They even insured Aardvark the Hooligan (they don't know what they are letting themselves in for 😆😆😆) with all his mods and no restrictions for any 4x4 events. Not cheap but still less than half what your looking at having to pay😭😭😭😭

Posh far more applicable to a coastal location than land lubbers in London Town, given the origin of the word. 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member

There is that little river called the Thames estuary.

Port Out and Starboard Home would give a view of North London.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member
1 hour ago, UKTJ said:

Posh far more applicable to a coastal location than land lubbers in London Town, given the origin of the word. 😂

Apparently not rural enough then. I'm literally 2min drive from the Country. 

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member
16 hours ago, Raakhee said:

Not sure what went wrong with my call to A-Plan but apparently my Jeep cannot be insured as its worth too much and would require a Cat 5/6/7 tracker installed. They refused to quote the 4x4 insurance. They could only quote a normal, non green laning policy of £1,322.16 for a full year!!! Green lanes are recognised byways so not sure why they specifically called this out as not being covered.

 

Anyway, if someone from Adrian Flux can contact me to discuss insuring my 2022 Jeep Rubicon it would be greatly appreciated  @DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

That's exactly what I found with the lot at A-Plan. Also as a bye-the-way, they initially say cat S5 or S7, but when it comes down to solid prices, it's the ultra expensive Cat S5 with ID tags FFS! grrr. Adrian Flux sorted me inc off-roading for £605 or something like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member
44 minutes ago, Coojeebear said:

That's exactly what I found with the lot at A-Plan. Also as a bye-the-way, they initially say cat S5 or S7, but when it comes down to solid prices, it's the ultra expensive Cat S5 with ID tags FFS! grrr. Adrian Flux sorted me inc off-roading for £605 or something like that.

 

That's weird. Adrian Flux wanted £1700 or so for Jeep insurance. I called around and eventually settled with Admiral for £780. Might add the tracker later but not for £700 that the Cat S5 is at

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member
2 hours ago, Raakhee said:

 

That's weird. Adrian Flux wanted £1700 or so for Jeep insurance. I called around and eventually settled with Admiral for £780. Might add the tracker later but not for £700 that the Cat S5 is at

Glad you got a better price!

 

For future reference, do you know if Admiral cover modified vehicles?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member
2 hours ago, Raakhee said:

 

That's weird. Adrian Flux wanted £1700 or so for Jeep insurance. I called around and eventually settled with Admiral for £780. Might add the tracker later but not for £700 that the Cat S5 is at

Crazy price! Is the loading because you're in a city?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member
On 24/06/2022 at 20:17, Raakhee said:

Not sure what went wrong with my call to A-Plan but apparently my Jeep cannot be insured as its worth too much and would require a Cat 5/6/7 tracker installed. They refused to quote the 4x4 insurance. They could only quote a normal, non green laning policy of £1,322.16 for a full year!!! Green lanes are recognised byways so not sure why they specifically called this out as not being covered.

 

Anyway, if someone from Adrian Flux can contact me to discuss insuring my 2022 Jeep Rubicon it would be greatly appreciated  @DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

The folk sat on the end of the phone probably don't know what a green lane is! Don't tell them, they are public highways maintained by highway authority and subject to all traffic laws and restrictions. So normal insurance applies. Off roading and pay and play is a different matter.

Go to a different insurer. In my experience it is better to go direct to an insurance company not a broker. 

My views.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member
10 hours ago, UKTJ said:

Glad you got a better price!

 

For future reference, do you know if Admiral cover modified vehicles?

I don't know. My Jeep is not modified and I don't plan to do anything major to it for maybe 2yrs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member
9 hours ago, Coojeebear said:

Crazy price! Is the loading because you're in a city?

I'm thinking my London postcode is pushing up the price. Need to buy a square metre plot out in the country and use it as my mailing address 😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member
Jeepinwithgeorgie
17 hours ago, UKTJ said:

Glad you got a better price!

 

For future reference, do you know if Admiral cover modified vehicles?

They wouldn't continue my insurance as soon as I mentioned about the plans I had for mine (bigger tyres and lift etc) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Platinum Member
1 hour ago, Jeepinwithgeorgie said:

They wouldn't continue my insurance as soon as I mentioned about the plans I had for mine (bigger tyres and lift etc) 

That was my guess.  Before I started to modify mine I was very mainstream on insurance, used Direct Line.  Only looked at the likes of Aplan and Adrian Flux once it was modified.  For reasons I won't bore you with I had my pick-up with Aplan for the first year, when I renewed with Direct Line it was half the price and Aplan couldn't close.  Horses for courses I guess.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

guidelines