Joined a Fundraising Campaign

Deniz

So when we first saw that Coast to Caost 4x4 adventure of course we were excited but it was the most exciting part of it when we saw we will be supporting the Stroke Association. By considering there are some survivors and unfortunately losses due to stoke in our family, it was the most convenient charity for us to support.

For that purpose and to have a strange adventure that we were not familiar with, we have joined to this adventure and here it is. It is a 3 day navigation and off road challenge all the way from Norfolk to Wales by using the green lanes only. We will be camping along the way to Wales and try to finish it on time. We are still waiting for the full details to be released but so excited. 

If anyone wants to contribute the cause you can make your donations from the linke below. (every penny counts)

I want to support the cause

And there is one more Jeep other than me, maybe he is here as well. 🙂

Edited by Deniz
  • Like 1

• Platinum Member

Sounds great @Deniz!

May I ask how you found out about this?  I am not on social media like FaceBook, Instagram, etc. and I am beginning to wonder if that means I am missing out on a lot of things that don’t necessarily come up on the forum.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UKTJ said:

Sounds great @Deniz!

May I ask how you found out about this?  I am not on social media like FaceBook, Instagram, etc. and I am beginning to wonder if that means I am missing out on a lot of things that don’t necessarily come up on the forum.

I think first I saw this on facebook actually a couple of months ago and waited for the entries 🙂 1st I wasn't sure about the event since you need to pay for it but when I saw it's also a fundraising event and a big portion of the money that I pay will go to the charity organisation I decided to join as well and raise a few pounds as well

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Member
Overlander21

My wife suffered a stroke many years ago so it's something that's close to my heart.

We also lived on Figges Marsh between 1990 and 1999 @Deniz 😊

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Overlander21 said:

My wife suffered a stroke many years ago so it's something that's close to my heart.

We also lived on Figges Marsh between 1990 and 1999 @Deniz 😊

I's sad to hear that @Overlander21, i hope she fully recovered. 

It's been 2 years for us in Mitcham Junction and we are liking so far. Quite nice area.

• Platinum Member

This is very close to my heart too!  I would have loved to join you doing it. However your dates clash with 'Belgium Jeepers' and I'm already booked and paid so not this year I'm afraid. Good luck with it ! I'll happily send you some support

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
18 hours ago, UKTJ said:

Sounds great @Deniz!

Hi UKTJ,

I do not get involved in these either and will not be doing so. I would like to join your protest . It seems totally unreasonable to me that some businesses, organisations etc only post on these sites which actually many people I know do not and will not use!

Idea.  How about a posting area on JOC where members could put any event involving Jeeps that may be of interest to others. What do you think admin?

• Like 1