Got the Trailhawk prepped for the Pyrenees...

Trailhawk

• Platinum Member

...well not so much rock sliders, winches, 6ft lift and 33" M/Ts - just thought I'd add some external 4G antennas to ensure I can watch stupid cat videos at 3000m. Then a quick trip to the UK's Pyrenees equivalent (Norfolk) to check everything all the gear still works. As per usual, the story is told through the medium of video ( and for those Jeep Cuisine fans amongst you, there is a special treat at the end!)

• Like 4

• Platinum Member

Out of interest which antenna kit did you go for. Suffer with poor signal when I’m working in remote Scotland, so have been looking at them. 

But not a subject I know anything about and the price varies a lot. 

• Platinum Member

HI Mike, great to see a WK doing what it's meant to!

I wasn't sure what antennas to get either, so went for the cheap option to see what a difference they make. Search "Eightwood Outdoor 4G LTE Antenna External Aerial" on Amazon...£18 each. Apparently two are best, and these type performed well in some YouTube testing.

Haven't really tested them enough myself to recommend yet. 

So far inconclusive...need to go somewhere a bit more remote than Sandringham to see if I get a signal where my phone doesn't!

Will post an update after returning from the Pyrenees.

• Platinum Member

Thanks for that much appreciated, will be good to hear an update from your trip. Mind you my experience of Sandringham and Hunstanton is pretty poor mobile reception 😆 

Back there in a few weeks with the little guy for a summer camp trip. 😃