Hello from Martyn

Martyn165

• Platinum Member

Hi all, Martyn here from the West Midlands, i did sign up to the club back in 2020 as i was looking back then to get a jeep. I finally brought myself 2014 Grand cherokee Summit about 3 weeks ago but I've only drove it once back from where I had it from since then I've only gave it a good clean and polish then it went in the garage to get the wheels powder coated and some touch ups done, was hoping to get it back for the bank holiday we just had as i went down to Devon for the week would of been nice to given it a run but instead my trustee Dodge Nitro what I'm replacing with the jeep got me there and back no problem, will be sad to see it go after 6 years but time for a change. 

20220522_193922.jpg

20220521_150638.jpg

20200402_180411.jpg

• Like 3

• Platinum Member

Thanks digger and MGomes, i try my best to keep my car's looking clean and shiny 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
11 minutes ago, Martyn165 said:

Thanks digger and MGomes, i try my best to keep my car's looking clean and shiny 

Good job - somehow mine is not usually shiny lol

• Platinum Member

I did buy the jeep knowing that it is sadly on a cat s but after speaking to the owner and seeing photos it was just front bumper and headlight no structural damage. Had a couple of scratches here and there but soon had them polished out.. i do need passenger side wing mirror as it is cracked spoken to jeep and they want £1288😵 so if anyone knows the best place to go let me know 

• Sad 2

• Platinum Member
11 minutes ago, MGomes said:

Good job - somehow mine is not usually shiny lol

I can see y from your picture😂 looks fun thow

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
46 minutes ago, Martyn165 said:

I did buy the jeep knowing that it is sadly on a cat s but after speaking to the owner and seeing photos it was just front bumper and headlight no structural damage. Had a couple of scratches here and there but soon had them polished out.. i do need passenger side wing mirror as it is cracked spoken to jeep and they want £1288😵 so if anyone knows the best place to go let me know 

Is it the actual mirror glass that is cracked or the housing?  I can see why the housing would be pricey with repeater built and associated electickery, mind you £1300 is a bit eye watering.   If just the glass can you just replace that?

• Platinum Member

What is it with WK2’s mine wasn’t when bought but 2 weeks after minor damage to the front end and it was written off, chap drove into the front whilst I was stationary. 🙈

I kept it took the money and done the work on my drive and the insurance have funded my mods 😆

There is a Jeep breakers, haven’t used them myself but may be worth a go. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, UKTJ said:

Is it the actual mirror glass that is cracked or the housing?  I can see why the housing would be pricey with repeater built and associated electickery, mind you £1300 is a bit eye watering.   If just the glass can you just replace that?

It's the housing the glass and indicator are fine

• Platinum Member
59 minutes ago, Mike WK2 said:

Sorry couldn’t get the link to copy for some reason. 

E7BA420D-20D2-4006-94CE-FC05E06CA784.jpeg

Yeah I've tried them and they have got one but still want £600+vat for it, surely I can get one cheaper 

• Platinum Member

After looking at some other threads i saw someone mentioned morris 4x4 in the states for parts, had alook at there website and found the mirror i need. Has anyone brought off these?

51 minutes ago, Martyn165 said:

After looking at some other threads i saw someone mentioned morris 4x4 in the states for parts, had alook at there website and found the mirror i need. Has anyone brought off these?

@Martyn165 I have used them in the past, about 3 or 4 years back. Unfortunately they were bought out by a large parts company a few years back and their customer service went to pot. There are lots of horror stories on the US forums and a recent UK FB post where the individual paid import/tax to Morris4x4 and then had to pay it again when the goods arrived. Not sure if he got his money back either.

So whilst I would have had no hesitation in recommending them in the past, I would warn you off them at the moment

• Platinum Member
jeepstertim

I run an Audi SQ5 that was a cat S, rear bumper and tailgate, the impact was so light the tow bar was undamaged and nothing to the 3/4 panels.  One owner from new, every extra, FASH.  Find the right written off car and life is oh so rosy. 

Nice Jeep BTW.

Edited by jeepstertim
  • Like 1

• Platinum Member
7 hours ago, neal said:

@Martyn165 I have used them in the past, about 3 or 4 years back. Unfortunately they were bought out by a large parts company a few years back and their customer service went to pot. There are lots of horror stories on the US forums and a recent UK FB post where the individual paid import/tax to Morris4x4 and then had to pay it again when the goods arrived. Not sure if he got his money back either.

So whilst I would have had no hesitation in recommending them in the past, I would warn you off them at the moment

Hi neal, thanks for the info will keep looking 👍 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
3 hours ago, jeepstertim said:

I run an Audi SQ5 that was a cat S, rear bumper and tailgate, the impact was so light the tow bar was undamaged and nothing to the 3/4 panels.  One owner from new, every extra, FASH.  Find the right written off car and life is oh so rosy. 

Nice Jeep BTW.

Car was registered on a cat S just over a year ago is in really good condition apart from a couple of scratches but soon got them out and the wing mirror, I'm 4th owner 66500 on the clock sadly not got the service history book but did give me a receipt for the service he got done plus new front discs and pads and 4 new pirelli tyres. My next door neighbour is a mechanic who does all my servicing on my cars got him to give in the once over and looks all good, going to change the gear box oil and the diff oil for piece of mind.  For year , model and mileage looking at £18,000 to £20,000 i Only gave £13,000 for it.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

You should have plenty of happy mileage ahead of you, I’m currently just shy 140k miles and fingers crossed still going strong. 

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, Mike WK2 said:

You should have plenty of happy mileage ahead of you, I’m currently just shy 140k miles and fingers crossed still going strong. 

That's good to hear,  my Dodge is currently on 126k and that's still going strong. 

• Platinum Member

Do Quadratec have it?  Or alternatively as it is a replacement part maybe RockAuto.

• Platinum Member
54 minutes ago, UKTJ said:

Do Quadratec have it?  Or alternatively as it is a replacement part maybe RockAuto.

Will have a look, thanks UKTJ