Modified Jeeps UK - Jeeps In The Jungle 25th-26th June Hawkstone Park, Shropshire

TonyandAneta

• Platinum Member
TonyandAneta
8 hours ago, Stew the Jeep said:

Any chance of 1 day attendance on the Sunday?

Yes that’s not a problem at all 👍 There’s a few people that can only make Sunday. We don’t have one day tickets though so you’d have to buy a weekend ticket and just turn up on Sunday. 

• Platinum Member

Uktj, my prop is being done at Bailey Morris in Feltham.  

Spoke to them this am and I should get my prop back in time as they are starting it today, so have booked my ticket for 'Jeeps in Jungle'.

Camping Saturday evening.

Look forward to seeing all there. 😃

Cheers T & A 👍

PS I will need a passenger for the punch hunt! Any takers?

Edited by digger
addition

• Platinum Member
TonyandAneta
25 minutes ago, digger said:

Spoke to them this am and I should get my prop back in time as they are starting it today, so have booked my ticket for 'Jeeps in Jungle'.

Camping Saturday evening.

Look forward to seeing all there. 😃

Cheers T & A 👍

PS I will need a passenger for the punch hunt! Any takers?

Awesome, we will send you an email with further event details this evening 🙂 See you there! 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
6 hours ago, digger said:

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

• Platinum Member
TonyandAneta

Here’s a video we made from one of our times at Hawkstone, this was at Stu’s event @Stu2985 

• Like 1

• Area Representative

I both love and hate that video. The camera was off when I drove up it. So I  drove back down and couldnt get up it again

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
TonyandAneta

LAST MINUTE TICKETS AVAILABLE 😀

It’s weekend tickets only however you don’t have to attend both days if you can’t make it 🙂

Here’s a quick overview of the event for you:

SATURDAY

- taster session at Hawkstone Park off-road site 

- afternoon of green laning 

SUNDAY 

- full day of off-roading at Hawkstone Park including a fun punch hunt with a prize for the winner 

- wood fired pizza, ice cream and cake plus hot and cold drinks available from guys at Pizza Overland 

- MJUK merch available to purchase on site 

CAMPING available Friday through Sunday inclusive at Bramblewood Caravan Park (book separately). 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Pick up my rebuilt front prop tomorrow but won’t fit it until the weekend, looking forward to seeing some pictures though. Sounds like it should be good, hope the weather stays fine for it.

• Platinum Member
TonyandAneta
17 hours ago, TimC said:

Pick up my rebuilt front prop tomorrow but won’t fit it until the weekend, looking forward to seeing some pictures though. Sounds like it should be good, hope the weather stays fine for it.

Ahh that’s a shame! We will be sure to post up some photos on here, and eventually there will be a YouTube video too 😁

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
Black_box_jeep

What a great event. We had a lot of fun, and got super lucky with the weather too.  Well done MJUK. Good to catch up with some other JOC members too. 
Hope you got home safe Digger.

• Like 3

• Platinum Member
4 minutes ago, Black_box_jeep said:

What a great event. We had a lot of fun, and got super lucky with the weather too.  Well done MJUK. Good to catch up with some other JOC members too. 

Any pictures?

• Platinum Member
TonyandAneta
50 minutes ago, UKTJ said:

Any pictures?

We will share very soon, have over 300 photos to go through and edit 😅

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
TonyandAneta
55 minutes ago, Black_box_jeep said:

Thank you guys! We’re glad you enjoyed it, great to catch up and meet the puppy too 😍

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
Black_box_jeep

Yes, loads…. I’m sure Tony and Aneta’s will be better than ours but here’s a taster

3151703F-6994-4356-A926-94806FD1D2FF.jpeg

B1C09EC9-476B-4700-BB90-26B4E166ED39.jpeg

20829427-4AAA-4354-8107-CE6BAF1E34C5.jpeg

C80CE1FA-3015-4E59-98FF-201A2B818BEF.jpeg

72C501A3-8043-4A0A-96F1-FE50FE550210.jpeg

15E73667-8DC4-4B9D-9A98-DBB407409EFC.jpeg

676D6359-D33B-436C-83E5-9ED3BE2C2932.jpeg

4B33F276-367C-4871-87EC-9D67618639A4.jpeg

A73F64B2-AF40-4F9E-8EBE-60F230E93094.jpeg

E69AC774-1C97-4953-A511-55B89EE134E5.png

7E2D0203-3C15-43D8-906F-2CC68DCEB788.png

195EB49E-1C64-4741-A627-13E1910C8D43.png

• Like 4

• Platinum Member

Many thanks Tony and Aneta.

Apologies that I absented my self on Saturday afternoon but  I really enjoyed Sunday's 'Punch Hunt' . Just sad that I started late and was unable to finish the course. I still can't believe that I managed to win some of your gr8 prizes!!! 

Come on JOC, we must do more  'Punch Hunts' I believe everyone had a lot of fun doing it.

As for pictures Uktj,  I do have a few but they are not that good, as most are by me with an empty car.   I was too busy trying to complete the course but exhaustion, heat and flies beat me in the end (thanks for your concern BBJ) leaving me four short . Yes, it did remind me of being in a jungle!  A number of the punches were quite difficult to spot and do.   No passenger made matters  worse but things were made easier by the dry conditions. Some of the slopes would have been impossible to stand up on if they had been wet especially for an old dreamer like me!  I'll see what I can do but I think there will be some 'official' ones soon which will be far better than my amateur efforts.

Many thanks too, to the kind souls who helped with some of my punches. Some were impossible to reach because I couldn't get out of the YJ ! At one I managed to get out but could not get back in so had to climb in through the window!!! LOL!

Ah well , there's always next time!! 😀

Edited by digger
  • Like 4

• Platinum Member
43 minutes ago, Black_box_jeep said:

195EB49E-1C64-4741-A627-13E1910C8D43.png

Nice pictures!  Looks like there were some big rutts.

• Platinum Member
Black_box_jeep
7 minutes ago, UKTJ said:

Nice pictures!  Looks like there were some big rutts.

Didn’t notice, we were in a Jeep. 😀

Seriously, the brilliant Ash 4x4 site has some large axle twister sections and plenty of off camber stuff, but the jeeps seem to make it all look relatively easy. It’s very different when wet apparently and can see why. 
The lanes had some ruts that would make them difficult for anything without decent clearance. Stock JK with 33s was touching the diff here and there with one of the groups.

• Platinum Member

First,Victor's fantastic 'Gladiator'!  A not good picture of the worthy winner of the 'Punch Hunt'.

Super Willys! 🤪

Wow! what can I say!👍

Well done!

Liked this one and thanks for taking the pics and your assistance. 😄

'The pits'

'Can you see it?'' ''The Punch'' ''Nearly there!'' Try again!

What a muddle! 😆

None of my pictures give any idea of the difficulty of some of the Punch challenges

IMG_1382.JPG

IMG_1387.JPG

IMG_1386.JPG

IMG_1404.JPG

IMG_1402.JPG

IMG_1411.JPG

IMG_1406.JPG

IMG_1410.JPG

• Like 4