Jump to content

Modified Jeeps UK - Jeeps In The Jungle 25th-26th June Hawkstone Park, Shropshire


TonyandAneta
 Share

Recommended Posts

TonyandAneta

Hey guys, it's Tony and Aneta from Modified Jeeps UK.

 

We have organised our first ever Jeep Only event, which will be held on the weekend of 25th-26th June.

 

We have just a few tickets left for this event. Below are some details:

 

The First Ever MJUK Jeep Event

We are super excited to present to you a brand new UK Jeep event, “Jeeps in the Jungle”. The first ever MJUK event exclusively for Jeeps.

 

Two days of off-roading, green laning and camping in picturesque Shropshire.

The off-road site we have chosen for this event is based in the grounds of Hawkstone Park Follies.

 

The site is run by a friendly bunch from Ash4x4 and is used for driver training. There will be three fully qualified members of staff on hand to give advice on basic off-road driving skills (times will be announced at the driver’s briefing). There are three wooded areas at the site. Area 1 and 2 of the site are free to roam, you can follow existing tracks or create your own. Area 3 is a driver training area with man made obstacles to test your Jeep and driving skills. The staff are on hand to carry out recoveries or supervise safe recoveries. The park offers an array of different obstacles, where you can test your Jeep driving skills.

 

Families are welcome, dogs on leads only please. We encourage people to not walk around the 4x4 areas of the site as there will be Jeeps moving around. All the site owners ask is to be careful when observing and keep a safe distance from any recoveries. Dogs must be on lead in the 4x4 areas, please also keep an eye on small children as they can be hard to spot from inside a Jeep.

 

There is a cafe and toilets at the site.

Upon entering the Hawkstone Park Follies grounds proceed in your Jeep through the parking area to the dead end at the bottom of the car park where the event briefing will take place. If there are parking staff at the entrance mention Ash4x4 ‘Jeeps in the Jungle’ 4x4 driving event.

 

Every driver will have to do a failed hill start after the driver’s briefing.

 

FRIDAY

Camping

 

SATURDAY

Morning session off-road driving at Hawkstone Park

Afternoon/evening of green laning

Camping

 

SUNDAY

Full day of off-road driving at Hawkstone Park including a fun Punch Hunt

Food available on site - Wood fired pizza, hot and cold drinks and ice cream and cake

Camping

 

£45.00 per Jeep

 

https://www.modifiedjeeps.uk/events/event-one-6lcz9

Jeeps in the Jungle Ad small June.jpg

Edited by TonyandAneta
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All the best with your event. Sadly, I wont be able to make it there but I am looking forward to watching the video afterwards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VIP Member

Sounds a great event, wish I could attend. Hope it all goes well. How many Jeeps have you got signed up?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VIP Member

Can't make this one as we are seeing Ed Sheeran that Saturday, but hope it goes brilliantly and will keep an eye on your website for future events.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Area Representative
Stu2985

Booked ages ago looking forward to it

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TonyandAneta
19 hours ago, V said:

All the best with your event. Sadly, I wont be able to make it there but I am looking forward to watching the video afterwards.

Thanks so much! We will be making a video of the weekend for sure 😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TonyandAneta
17 hours ago, TimC said:

Sounds a great event, wish I could attend. Hope it all goes well. How many Jeeps have you got signed up?

Thank you! The site at Hawkstone is limited to 30 vehicles, we have 25 coming at the moment. The event has originally sold out in two days 😮 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TonyandAneta
17 hours ago, UKTJ said:

Can't make this one as we are seeing Ed Sheeran that Saturday, but hope it goes brilliantly and will keep an eye on your website for future events.

Thank you! We will see how this event goes but we have a few different types of events on our minds 🙂🤞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TonyandAneta
8 hours ago, Stu2985 said:

Booked ages ago looking forward to it

Looking forward to seeing you there, will you have a go at the punch hunt? There will be a prize 🤐😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VIP Member

Im afraid this is one that i wished to go to but alas, 1x jeep down and out and the other isnt ready to play yet! Look forward to hearing how it goes and when the next one will be.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VIP Member

Hi, good luck with your event!

My front prop is being retubed at the mo and I don't think I can get her back on the road by then. If I do i will come if you still have a ticket.  ATB.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VIP Member
1 minute ago, digger said:

Hi, good luck with your event!

My front prop is being retubed at the mo and I don't think I can get her back on the road by then. If I do i will come if you still have a ticket.  ATB.

Ah ha Digger, my front prop also after Tuff Terrains 🤣🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VIP Member

Actually, to be fair it wasn’t TT that did it, it had been on the way out for a while.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VIP Member

Ah Tim, me the same I guess.  I had to drive slowly on the road to go to TT and back. After I had fitted the Chrysler axle I had a serious rear vibe which related to prop angles etc and I fitted a  SYE and new prop from Tom Woods- excellent. However I now had a new vibe from the front end at higher road speeds. I thought  this was a maybe a  wheel balance issue or something.  Wrong! I think it was caused by two things , much higher front prop rotational speed due to lower ratio plus I had eliminated the disconnect system which meant the prop was rotating more. These two showed up the bent prop banana (10mm over length) that I probably had already. The car is fine without it but unfortunately would be quite interesting at Hawkstone!

I will ring the reconditioners  tomorrow and see if there's any chance of getting it back in time!

 

GR8 video T&A 😁

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VIP Member
2 hours ago, digger said:

Ah Tim, me the same I guess.  I had to drive slowly on the road to go to TT and back. After I had fitted the Chrysler axle I had a serious rear vibe which related to prop angles etc and I fitted a  SYE and new prop from Tom Woods- excellent. However I now had a new vibe from the front end at higher road speeds. I thought  this was a maybe a  wheel balance issue or something.  Wrong! I think it was caused by two things , much higher front prop rotational speed due to lower ratio plus I had eliminated the disconnect system which meant the prop was rotating more. These two showed up the bent prop banana (10mm over length) that I probably had already. The car is fine without it but unfortunately would be quite interesting at Hawkstone!

I will ring the reconditioners  tomorrow and see if there's any chance of getting it back in time!

 

GR8 video T&A 😁

Hope you can get it done in time.  Out of interest, who is doing the work on the prop?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VIP Member

Ah, I know that question wasn’t directed at me but my front prop is being rebuilt by Bailey Morris in St Neots if that’s of any help.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VIP Member
2 minutes ago, TimC said:

Ah, I know that question wasn’t directed at me but my front prop is being rebuilt by Bailey Morris in St Neots if that’s of any help.

Yes, very much so, thanks.  Just trying to build a list of trusted places for when I need any future work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VIP Member
6 minutes ago, UKTJ said:

Yes, very much so, thanks.  Just trying to build a list of trusted places for when I need any future work.


No worries, actually you can thank @Jules for that as he was the one recommended them to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Area Representative
Stu2985
5 hours ago, TonyandAneta said:

Looking forward to seeing you there, will you have a go at the punch hunt? There will be a prize 🤐😁

I may have a go for fun but I wont compete in it as its not fair as I have a good idea where they normally hide them 🙂

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TonyandAneta
3 hours ago, digger said:

Ah Tim, me the same I guess.  I had to drive slowly on the road to go to TT and back. After I had fitted the Chrysler axle I had a serious rear vibe which related to prop angles etc and I fitted a  SYE and new prop from Tom Woods- excellent. However I now had a new vibe from the front end at higher road speeds. I thought  this was a maybe a  wheel balance issue or something.  Wrong! I think it was caused by two things , much higher front prop rotational speed due to lower ratio plus I had eliminated the disconnect system which meant the prop was rotating more. These two showed up the bent prop banana (10mm over length) that I probably had already. The car is fine without it but unfortunately would be quite interesting at Hawkstone!

I will ring the reconditioners  tomorrow and see if there's any chance of getting it back in time!

 

GR8 video T&A 😁

Fingers crossed you can sort it out in time 🤞😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VIP Member

Uktj, my prop is being done at Bailey Morris in Feltham.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

guidelines