Today I saved an SRT at Speedfest ๐Ÿ˜Š

Caroline12

• Platinum Member

I am at Speedfest and while chatting to other campers last night, 2 SRT owners, one of them Billy and family had a puncture on his rear passenger side tyre having fitted that morning before driving down from Yorkshire.

I said I had a puncture repair kit and if he wanted, I would repair it for him.ย 
ย 

To about 1930hrs tonight, he came and asked if we could repair his tyre as they had found the hole.ย 
got out my ARB tyre repair kit, read the instructions, then repaired it. Put the cord in, I must say that was damned hard work. Got it all the way in, pulled the tool out, cut the rest of the cord off. No leak, 21.5psi.

then used my ARB portable compressor and digital gauge and put all tyres to 36psi.

ย 

no leak, a very happy Billy and a shattered Caroline. My first use of the tyre repair kit and all good. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

ย 

Jeep owners helping each other ๐Ÿ˜Š it feels nice to help him ๐Ÿ˜Š

D37EC989-1FEF-4C55-A332-9995CE6C7515.jpeg

FBD9B1D9-2CA5-40A7-9CAB-707B7820A16F.jpeg

3AC47D72-6C15-42FD-8554-13E15A705F9D.jpeg

A2A9213B-A363-4216-ADCF-6F9F88B917D9.jpeg

B89379F9-24E1-4F9C-9C39-703EDED07DC5.jpeg

• Like 10

• Platinum Member
2 minutes ago, UKTJ said:

Good work @Caroline12. ย I hope you got him to join the club.

He is in the SRT club, so itโ€™s fineย 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Great Good Samaritan work Caroline ๐Ÿ‘and always good to be able to actually use all the โ€˜goodiesโ€™ we carry around โ€œjust in caseโ€ ( I have still never used my waffle boards, winch once, tyre repair kit once, high liftโ€ฆ..not for years ๐Ÿ™„ ) It is a lot easier to fit the plug without the tyre in situ by the way, but of course you then have the hassle of taking it off and refitting it ๐Ÿ˜‰)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Member
8 hours ago, MGomes said:

All I did was drink beer and take pics ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

Yes he did ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

• Haha 2

• Platinum Member
8 minutes ago, TimC said:

Great Good Samaritan work Caroline ๐Ÿ‘and always good to be able to actually use all the โ€˜goodiesโ€™ we carry around โ€œjust in caseโ€ ( I have still never used my waffle boards, winch once, tyre repair kit once, high liftโ€ฆ..not for years ๐Ÿ™„ ) It is a lot easier to fit the plug without the tyre in situ by the way, but of course you then have the hassle of taking it off and refitting it ๐Ÿ˜‰)

Thanks TimC, I said the wheel has to come off at first, he had just repacked the boot, when I viewed the hole, I thought can do that in place, so it was ok. Not a lot of space ย in the wheel arches on SRTโ€™s. But I did it ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

actually the wheel in place made it easier than the wheel off, the force required to put that plug it was mad, I needed to pull on the alloy to get it in, if the wheel was off, it could have been much harder as it could have moved ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Member

Yeah, pros and cons I guess, if the wheel is off I found the best way was to straddle the tyre and push down โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.not much fun if the tyre is covered in mud though.๐Ÿ˜‚

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
Jeepinwithgeorgie
On 11/06/2022 at 22:49, MGomes said:

All I did was drink beer and take pics ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

Manny you did a wonderful job at it ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

I was giving moral support from the comfort of the camp chair with a gin in hand ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Member
On 13/06/2022 at 12:21, Jeepinwithgeorgie said:

Manny you did a wonderful job at it ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

I was giving moral support from the comfort of the camp chair with a gin in hand ๐Ÿ˜‚

Smart move ๐Ÿ˜Ž