JOC 10th Anniversary Summer Camp - Aug 2022

Volant165

• Platinum Member
1 minute ago, CandsEvo7 said:

looking forward to it , there will be a few places we rant allowed due to environment agency rules 

Do you mean on the lanes?

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, JimC said:

Do you mean on the lanes?

No , at Walters it self,  especially if it happens to be raining , we won't be allowed in any running water , streams, etc. 

• Platinum Member

Sarn Helen will still be open too, , it runs across the top corner of walters arena 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Great to have your knowledge of the site and area.
I'll create an area where can share this invaluable knowledge. I send the invites out tomorrow.
If anyone else has knowledge of the area then please do let me know.

The Jeep community at its best

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Been up there this weekend and very dry and dusty a couple area with some mud. The waterfall and washing machine steps (or what ever there called) still of bounds and gated. 
forgot to mention there are location with some water but not much .

Edited by tedthefed

• Platinum Member
On 12/07/2022 at 21:55, CandsEvo7 said:

Sarn Helen will still be open too, , it runs across the top corner of walters arena 

Yes Walters just confirmed this when I popped round last week🤠

• Like 1

TiffTaffToff

Just planning our food requirements and wondered if there was itinerary, no matter how rough, of events. I’m planning, well Heathers planning,  the food requirements and a rough guide would be useful when  available to plan what we need to bring. On another note I’ve got my CB installed but haven’t actually spoken to anyone yet..  We’re a bit out in the sticks here in west Wales but looking forward to Jeep camp…. Less than 3 weeks away…

• Like 3

• Platinum Member

***** SUMMER CAMP UPDATE *****

Ticket sales end Friday 12th August at midnight!

We have 45 pitches taken so far at the campsite 🏕️. Should be a great atmosphere!

There is a nice pub at the campsite, The Ancient Briton. Reservations highly recommended. They have a food truck setup as well for the campers outside. There is a Tesco and Asda ten minutes from the campsite with fuel, and a small convenience store a few hundred yards from the campsite.

For those new to Walters Arena the entrance is located at pram.mirroring.umbrellas on WhatThreeWords which is a great app for precise locations. Geo coordinates on the first post.

Post codes on sat navs will take you to a variety of places other than the actual entrance!

Once you get to the entrance you drive .9 of a mile and arrive at a T junction. Turn right then a quick left (signs for T12)

Proceed .5 of a mile and you will arrive at the check in point. 

Check in each day will be at 9am and departure from the site will be 4pm. The gate will be locked after this😬

Multiple Portaloos will be on site near check in.

Bring your own food and drink please as no burger van on site.

Groups will be formed each morning for those new to the site.

If you are a seasoned expert with Walters proceed as you wish -- and take some friends along😀

CB's and or PTT radios are recommended as mobile signal is non existent around much of the site.  

Friday green lane groups will meet at the check in point at Walters. Bear in mind someone else has hired the site for Friday so we will stick to the roadway at the previous days check in point to gather and set off in staggered groups. Final timings to be announced.

• Like 6

• Platinum Member

......and don't forget to bring a few extra pounds for our charity raffle to support our chosen charity with great Jeep goodies

Central Beacons Mountain Rescue 2022 Summer Camp.jpg

• Like 5

• Platinum Member

Fancy seeing the NEW GRAND CHEROKEE in the flesh? 

Or test driving the NEW TRAILHAWK 4xe COMPASS?

Get your ticket now as both will be joining our 10th Anniversary celebration🥳

• Like 5

• Platinum Member

Just thought I'd share this. For all those avid astronomers, the Perseid meteor shower is currently occurring. Whilst the peak will be 12-13 August, it would still be possible to see multiple meteors during Summer Camp. So I'll be taking advantage of not being in bright London to view this annual phenomenon 🌟

• Like 5

• Platinum Member

So wish I could come to this, but my son gets exam results on the Thursday, he is not feeling confident about them and all hands on deck may be required for parental support.  Hope everyone has a fantastic time.

• Platinum Member
On 04/08/2022 at 11:51, Raakhee said:

Just thought I'd share this. For all those avid astronomers, the Perseid meteor shower is currently occurring. Whilst the peak will be 12-13 August, it would still be possible to see multiple meteors during Summer Camp. So I'll be taking advantage of not being in bright London to view this annual phenomenon 🌟

There is a short route up to the dark skies from the camp!

• Like 3

• Platinum Member
11 hours ago, digger said:

There is a short route up to the dark skies from the camp!

You will have to show me the route. Guess I'll bring my hiking boots as well

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
On 13/07/2022 at 07:23, CandsEvo7 said:

No , at Walters it self,  especially if it happens to be raining , we won't be allowed in any running water , streams, etc. 

Sorry If I'm a bit out of touch so are you saying the environment agency stop all water crossings in the UK when it rains? fords, Strata Florida etc.. in wet weather ? 

• Confused 1

• Platinum Member
47 minutes ago, stewart said:

Sorry If I'm a bit out of touch so are you saying the environment agency stop all water crossings in the UK when it rains? fords, Strata Florida etc.. in wet weather ? 

Post says a certain crossing at Walters Arena. 

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Volant165 said:

Post says a certain crossing at Walters Arena. 

Any idea why ?

• Platinum Member

Some of its from a few years ago , not allowed on the washing machine alley and the water fall area at the moment . Can explain more when there . 
when there a couple of weeks ago some mud area and a couple of areas with a small amount of water.

Edited by tedthefed

• Platinum Member
On 06/08/2022 at 17:40, digger said:

Pity but I understand. Why not bring him along?

I did think about that, but he wants to pick up results in person from school.

• Platinum Member
8 hours ago, Raakhee said:

No boots needed if you have a Jeep!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Platinum Member
On 07/08/2022 at 09:57, Raakhee said:

Myself and Willow are game 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Member
17 hours ago, UKTJ said:

I did think about that, but he wants to pick up results in person from school.

Pick up the results and pop over after - If results are positive, a reason to celebrate, if negative he will get all the support he needs (he can even have a cuddle with a certain therapy dog as I am bringing the gals with me this time)

IMG_9103.jpg

• Like 5

• Platinum Member

For all those attending Summer Camp could you please complete the following poll so we have an idea of the number of people who are interested in joining Fridays Green Lanes - 

• Like 1