Locking my jeep

Remotegal

• Platinum Member

I’ve just got my first jeep a jlu overland (2021). Had it a week and loving it already. I’ve got my head around most of its little quirks but it’s locking mechanisms are still a bit of a mystery! The remote keyless entry (button on the door handle) is fine and I’ve discovered that pressing the lock button on the key fob til it beeps, disables the interior sensors when I leave the dog in the car. I was told though that using the actual key in the actual lock on the drivers door would lock the car without setting the alarm. This though only seems to  lock the drivers door which is not that useful. 😂. Can anyone tell me how to get the key to lock all doors? Or is this a Jeep thing? 😂😀 thank you. 

• Platinum Member

Not sure its the same but in my dash menu on my JK- you navigate to the section where you tell it to unlock all rather than drivers door.

pressing the lock button 3x times or so disables the interior sensors for dogs etc

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

I believe you access the menus via the uconnect system - ie the stereo now on the JL- well we did on our GC

• Platinum Member

Thanks Doodle. Yes the settings are in u connect and I can programme the fob to lock/unlock either all doors or just the drivers with the lock button on the fob. It’s using the actual key that’s odd as it only locks the drivers door. I was told that using the key in the lock would lock the car without setting the alarm. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
4 minutes ago, Karen Martin said:

Thanks Doodle. Yes the settings are in u connect and I can programme the fob to lock/unlock either all doors or just the drivers with the lock button on the fob. It’s using the actual key that’s odd as it only locks the drivers door. I was told that using the key in the lock would lock the car without setting the alarm. 

Yeah i cannot find any mention of just using the key with regards to locking/unlocking. - It could be that it just does the main door. I know that my JK when I use the key to unlock the door it doesn't turn the alarm off and the alarm goes off.

image.thumb.png.7fde17b5697d7761383b55bd8d897b6d.png

• Platinum Member

As we're on the subject of door locks.

Just wondering about my 2007 JK

Remote locking/unlocking works OK, but when I attempt to lock the drivers door with the key it wont turn to lock !

Is this normal or is there something broken ? 

• Platinum Member
Overlander21
On 12/03/2022 at 14:09, Remotegal said:

I’ve discovered that pressing the lock button on the key fob til it beeps, disables the interior sensors when I leave the dog in the car

Well that's what I learned today!

I've always parked up, opened the drivers door and then moved the lock "button" in the door handle, then shut the door behind me 🤦‍♂️

• Platinum Member

Happy to help overlander 21😀😂

10 hours ago, Overlander21 said:

Well that's what I learned today!

I've always parked up, opened the drivers door and then moved the lock "button" in the door handle, then shut the door behind me 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
Overlander21

Random thought...

I've fitted a Remote Start-X to my JL, if I press the lock button three times it starts the engine.

Maybe this locking trick isn't for me 😔

• Haha 1

With my WK2, I find the only way to lock it with motion sensors (thus alarm) disabled is to lock each door with the manual tab, including the driver's door last, and not to touch the key until a reasonable distance away. Everything else I have tried means being called to the ferry car deck as soon as we leave harbour! The manual is not very clear on this. Using the electronic lock button in the vehicle always leaves the alarm on. This is about movement of the whole car, rather than internal motion sensors.