2022 Events at a glance

Volant165

• Platinum Member

Hi All,

Here is a heads up of events in the works for 2022.

As we are a small team and I have several scheduled maintenance visits this year, we could use some more volunteers. It is very rewarding and the more we volunteers we have (especially regionally for a local event) the better.  Contact jim.olexa@jeepowners.club

CLUB EVENTS FOR 2022**

February 26 Saturday Cars and Coffee @ Unity Automotive

March Group Leaders (one group) Shropshire Green Lanes Reccie

April 2 Slindon Safari 
Tickets and prices 
VIP Members - £27 Booking opens 20th February 2022
Gold Members - £32 Booking opens 26th February 2022
Silver Members - £37 Booking opens 5th March 2022

May Thetford Forest Reccie and introduction for new group leaders TBD

June Thetford Forest with camping TBD

11th-12th June American Speediest, Brands Hatch

August Summer Camp TBD

September 16-18 Belgium Jeeper's Days

October Aldermaston TBD

December Kielder Forest

** Dates and availability depending on venue availability 

• Like 6

• Platinum Member

Does that mean Salisbury Plain is off the cards for the foreseeable?  Sad, but understandable if others have caused issues.

Did you forget Speedfest?

Edited by UKTJ

• Platinum Member

Chris was at Salisbury Plain last Saturday and this is what he reported - 
"Yes got over there Saturday, still very wet but a lot drier than 3 weeks ago , tracks still chewed up and looks like there has been a lot of use. Normally will see couple of groups on there but was a lot of 4x4’s and bikes about . Should be good for a trip depending on how much rain this week brings . Forecast isn’t great and rain until Sunday I believe"

So we are still waiting

• Platinum Member

Thetford Forest - Training event and reccie for new members who would like to volunteer to become group leaders for green lane events.

If you have the spare time and are willing to volunteer your services to the club to lead a small group of members on a green lane event then this might be for you.
What is involved -
For this event, we will start with doing a reccie around Thetford Forest to see what lanes are open, check the condition of the lanes and note down any lanes that might cause concern due to the state of the tracks, if they are passable for all types of Jeeps and if there are any risk of damage from overgrown foliage, ruts in the road, etc.

We can then map the chosen routes in a GPS mapping software so that when we run the event, we know the route.

Nice to have is a SatNav or tablet/phone that has GPS and is able to load saved routes
A CB would be good.

If you are interested in volunteering then please do let me know.

• Like 2

• Platinum Member

Hi Jim, 

I would happy to come along, would need to check on dates, have CB, if there is any specific software you advise happy to download on a tablet. 

Thanks Mike 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
20 hours ago, JimC said:

Thetford Forest - Training event and reccie for new members who would like to volunteer to become group leaders for green lane events.

If you have the spare time and are willing to volunteer your services to the club to lead a small group of members on a green lane event then this might be for you.
What is involved -
For this event, we will start with doing a reccie around Thetford Forest to see what lanes are open, check the condition of the lanes and note down any lanes that might cause concern due to the state of the tracks, if they are passable for all types of Jeeps and if there are any risk of damage from overgrown foliage, ruts in the road, etc.

We can then map the chosen routes in a GPS mapping software so that when we run the event, we know the route.

Nice to have is a SatNav or tablet/phone that has GPS and is able to load saved routes
A CB would be good.

Jim,  

I would love to help out and learn about volunteering properly- unfrotunately the TJ is out of action for now which has the cb and mud tyres.. Atthe moment the JKU is standard

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, doodle said:

Jim,  

I would love to help out and learn about volunteering properly- unfrotunately the TJ is out of action for now which has the cb and mud tyres.. Atthe moment the JKU is standard

You will be fine with your JKU 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
On 20/02/2022 at 19:06, JimC said:

What is involved -

A CB would be good.

I'm happy to help out if it's the first half of June, cheers Steve 👍 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • Platinum Member

I wondered if there was any update on the Thetford event from the opening post?  And whether things have calmed down enough around Salisbury Plain to allow a JoC event - it must have dried out by now.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
On 12/05/2022 at 19:05, UKTJ said:

I wondered if there was any update on the Thetford event from the opening post?  And whether things have calmed down enough around Salisbury Plain to allow a JoC event - it must have dried out by now.

Regarding Thetford, I am planning a trip around September / October once the summer holidays are out the way.
A few members are planning on a pub meet around the Thetford area which will no doubt end in a drive around some of the lanes - details here 

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Member

Sorry, I have been a bit busy. I've not forgotten, just not had the time to get out and look for a reasonable venue. Will try to next week.

• Platinum Member
15 minutes ago, V said:

Sorry, I have been a bit busy. I've not forgotten, just not had the time to get out and look for a reasonable venue. Will try to next week.

Happy to spend a bit of time researching good venues, LOL

• 3 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

I have been researching routes but I am unlikely to be able to organise a pub meet until after Stu's Hawkstone event in July.

• Platinum Member
7 hours ago, V said:

I have been researching routes but I am unlikely to be able to organise a pub meet until after Stu's Hawkstone event in July.

I thought Hawkstone was next week (same weekend as Speedfest), or am I all confused?

• Platinum Member

I thought it was Speedfest week end so can't go . If its July I may be able to!

• Platinum Member
10 hours ago, V said:

Sorry, my fault. I'm going to Stu's Hawkstone event in June. I won't be able to do anything in Thetford area until July.

• 2 months later...
  • Platinum Member

Is November 6th a definite date for Aldermaston?

Realise details may be a way off, but just need to get it in my diary if to is, as with other commitments I struggle to fit things in if they are short notice.

• Sad 1

• Platinum Member
6 minutes ago, UKTJ said:

Realise details may be a way off, but just need to get it in my diary if to is, as with other commitments I struggle to fit things in if they are short notice.

Balls...if it is I'm flying to Portugal... Have fun if it is..great little site...

• Sad 1

• Platinum Member
58 minutes ago, UKTJ said:

Yes ticket sales start within a week

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Member

I am on nights so I can't attend unfortunately. Shame as it's only 2 and 1/2 hours drive from me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1