Green Lanes Closures: Government response to the Landscapes Review

Marcus Durand

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, V said:

Already done my response. Be warned, the questions could make you angry.

I am really fed up of being made angry by the utter stupidity of people ☹️☹️

• Platinum Member

Problem is that the well meaning  people who draw up these things have a narrow vision gleaned from a small percentage of the community as a whole . Unfortunately that small percentage make very loud noises! ☹️

What a ridiculous amount of blurb for what in ,my opinion ,could be simple to solve!

• Platinum Member

The government is clearly persecuting a minority group that only has access to 1.97% of the rights of way network. I wish they would concentrate on looking after the other 98% of the RoW network to the standard required by law before wasting money trying to eliminate us.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Platinum Member

Have you protested yet?

Even if you can't face the whole questionnaire you can go to the end and summarise your view!

I have done everything I can to circulate to other country users, organisations , rescuers ,friends etc to chivy up support to fight this!

I am only an occasional 'green laner', you may not be at all but even if that is the case please protest. If this goes through at the behest of a small number who wish to keep the countryside to themselves, then all kinds of country lovers, hobbyists,sports people will be detrimentally affected. Whether now or in the future that could be you  or your family!     If living in a free country is important to you, protest now , there are only a few days left!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

In my response, I have stressed equity of access, especially for the disabled or moderately infirm, which I believe is not only truly relevant, but also 'right on' as a message in these times. Green lanes give access to more remote countryside, as well as providing recreational opportunities of themselves. 

Damage and erosion occur quite rapidly on 'walking only' paths, and more so where mountain bikes are frequently used. A carefully driven 4x4 with traction control shouldn't tear up the surface anyway! Retaining vehicle access makes maintenance and repair much easier too, as others have pointed out. The maintenance is needed even if no vehicles are allowed. 

• Thanks 2