• Greggster

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

Sounds like fun,

Send plenty of pics and info whilst there

We will Internet permitting!

• Platinum Member

Last night Dover now in Italy ready for tomorrow. ! Amazing drive down through some of the longest tunnels via Switzerland !

I presume you must have travelled through the famous Mont Blanc tunnel into Italy,

If i remember its about 7-8 miles long.

have a good time and a safe journey back ,

look forward to seeing the pics  :great:

• Platinum Member

Last night Dover now in Italy ready for tomorrow. ! Amazing drive down through some of the longest tunnels via Switzerland !

Done that drive twice - In an Alfa 159 Sportwagon not a Jeep I have to admit!

It's an amazing route. If you get a chance on the way back overnight in Strasbourg and visit the old part of the City and canals. Stay here  http://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/du-dragon.en-gb.html.

Just five minutes walk to the old City, Cathedral, restaurants and canal tours. Easy drive to Calais next day.

You won't regret it!

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD

• Administrators

Done that drive twice - In an Alfa 159 Sportwagon not a Jeep I have to admit!

It's an amazing route. If you get a chance on the way back overnight in Strasbourg and visit the old part of the City and canals. Stay here  http://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/du-dragon.en-gb.html.

Just five minutes walk to the old City, Cathedral, restaurants and canal tours. Easy drive to Calais next day.

You won't regret it!

Cheers for that    :great:

• Administrators

A couple of pics from today ! Nice weather down here so far the event is nicely organised so far too !

image.thumb.jpg.367439d4da8ef2c3891c6827e981f1eb.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.f6ddd7a9d34fd53568bd8d0fa688c9f5.jpg

Are there many other people?

Yeah, how many have showed up? I saw the pics on Facebook and it looked scarce but then I didn't know if you arrived early as many do for camping the night before the official opening.

Put down the beer and cake, your birthday is over mate, get some pics up, hahaha :icon_lol:

• Platinum Member

Are there many other people?

The ones I went to in 2006 - 2009 used to pull in 1500 Jeeps from every country in Europe. Most non uk Jeepers turned up with the whole family too as school hols started earlier in mainland Europe - or they didn't get fined for taking them out of school!!

They were amazing events with great camaraderie among the nations with a little friendly competition thrown in.

I'm waiting to hear from Stewart on the numbers. If there weren't many people it's a big shame and only the marketing and advertising of the event can be blamed. For example I bought a new jeep two and a half years ago, jeep uk have my current details and I would have expected them to post me and all the tens of thousands of other jeep owners in Europe information on the event. Timing and location are other major factors. But for all I know it might have been packed out. I hope so.

Paul

• Platinum Member

is this him

you would have thought there would have been some photos being posted somewhere.

10608500_909503735729741_4469466892969287084_o.jpg

10583825_909075965772518_7178026116319957432_n.jpg?oh=effc2a4d82ab8949a072e9ea65ba7f7f&oe=54832AE9&__gda__=1418226260_b4b28cfd44838adf37d71bb3adc41f3e

• Platinum Member

here's a few more from the weekend

More to follow !

Where's the Renegade shots?  The event was only put on at the last minute to promote the new baby!

• Administrators

Where's the Renegade shots?  The event was only put on at the last minute to promote the new baby!

Here's a couple of shots of the Renegade Graham ! they had the trail hawk out on both Green and Yellow runs I wouldn't be surprised if the Italians had a go on the Black runs too!

Looks better in the metal and build quality has a great feel to it! Hope the price is Keen though!

DSC00040_2.thumb.jpg.11cd65270e132bc85120fd88efbdcea3.jpg

DSC00039_2.thumb.jpg.40258dc301d3452e0fbec79c7da8504a.jpg

IMG_6157.thumb.jpg.972af276399defd1a208235d1722b193.jpg

• Platinum Member

Thanks Stewart. It looks great but quotes today by Autocar on FB are suggesting the diesel auto Trailhawk at 25k without any options!  Ridiculous if it's true. I would pay 18k for one fully loaded but not that kinda price. Way out of market segment in my view.

• Administrators

Thanks Stewart. It looks great but quotes today by Autocar on FB are suggesting the diesel auto Trailhawk at 25k without any options!  Ridiculous if it's true. I would pay 18k for one fully loaded but not that kinda price. Way out of market segment in my view.

Not sure how autocar can quote a price yet as as far as we know it is not set in stone on the uk price?

• Platinum Member

Seen it quoted from 14k elsewhere. Big difference!  Maybe Jeep should come clean and provide more info. This is the longest launch in history!